What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: delivery on sat...concerns!!  (Read 3568 times)

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
delivery on sat...concerns!!
« on: June 28, 2006, 12:03:46 pm »
i get my chairman II delivered on sat morning..i'm wondering if the delivery guys are going to have a problem...i live up on a hill..the  only spot with no steps  are the lawn from the street to the back yard, over  to the other side of the house to the patio....its quite a distance.. i have no idea what the normal procedure for delivery is...has anyone else had a delivery problem ??? the tub is about 900lbs dry i think...

Hot Tub Forum

delivery on sat...concerns!!
« on: June 28, 2006, 12:03:46 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: delivery on sat...concerns!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 12:14:22 pm »
Have you communicated any of this with your dealer, so they know what issues might arise?  
Call them if you have not.
My spa included a pre delivery site inspection, so they saw my yard in advance of the spa delivery.

Mine was delivered on a spa dolly, and the 2 techs. who brought the spa had no trouble moving the spa from the truck to the spa base.  And we have a pretty steep side yard cause our basement is a walkout.
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 12:42:15 pm »
i get my chairman II delivered on sat morning..i'm wondering if the delivery guys are going to have a problem...i live up on a hill..the  only spot with no steps  are the lawn from the street to the back yard, over  to the other side of the house to the patio....its quite a distance.. i have no idea what the normal procedure for delivery is...has anyone else had a delivery problem ??? the tub is about 900lbs dry i think...

The dealer should not trust that the customer will even knows what he/she needs to tell the dealer relative to their property setup. ALL of this should have been addressed in some sort of pre-delivery form that you should have been asked to fill out at the time of order which would have enough questions to give them an idea what was in store. Having said that, you really need to call them quickly and go over this. Otherwise they may send an undermanned team out unprepared for the job and you don't want that issue going on the day of delivery. If they give you a hard time for not telling them about this I'd respond back that they know better than you what is important and they should have asked specific questions ahead of time. They may chose to send out someone to do a predelivery site inspection; don't wait and hope, be proactive and call.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 12:59:47 pm »
How wet or dry has it been in your area lately?  Many delivery people use little carts with big tires for rolling over grass.  The experienced ones are good at it.  Clearances aside, muddy grass would be the killer.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 02:19:27 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 01:54:26 pm »
i really feel like a smuck for not even thinking that it might be an issue...i guess the excitement of finally making a purchase left me not thinking of any possible problems....i am going to take a ride over to the dealer in a little while to go over my concerns ....wish me luck

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 02:07:06 pm »
Turn off the sprinklers.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 02:23:15 pm »
 My spa included a pre delivery site inspection, so they saw my yard in advance of the spa delivery.

This might be the only area where my dealer was less than excellent.  (Right up to the time they closed up shop and ran from the law, I need to call the Hilliard detective on the case and see where that is.  I was hoping it would go to the trial when I was still unemployed, but that didn't happen.  ;) )

I do however, remember him clearly stating to me that I was responsible for unobstructed access to the site.  Fortunately, mine would probably rank as among the easiest for most delivery guys.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 02:26:23 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 02:25:35 pm »
i really feel like a smuck for not even thinking that it might be an issue...i guess the excitement of finally making a purchase left me not thinking of any possible problems....i am going to take a ride over to the dealer in a little while to go over my concerns ....wish me luck

I remember being totally overwhelmed with all the stuff I had to do with my site prep. That was before I discovered this forum.   It just isn't the buy and drop in your yard deal for most people.   That's why we are here!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 04:52:06 pm »

Don't feel too bad. The dealer should know to ask specific questions and should have you fill out a questionaire on it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 05:14:02 pm »
i went to my dealer and he wasn't concerned at all...he said the delivery men are fully prepared and not to worry... he gave me my chemical starter kit and said if there are any questions to just call him...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 08:18:04 pm »
My dealer uses a 4 wheeler if extra horsepower is necessary to move the trailer with the tub on it. Lucky me, they didn't bring it the day they delivered, but as it turned out, they could've used it...(gravel pad behind the drive thru garage was a bit softer than it looked....oops)
BUT...the company pickup truck JUST fit thru the garage enough to hop the trailer with the 1,000 pound tub over the railroad ties that are sunk in the ground...YAY!
It's nice to see guys that can "wing it" when necessary.
RIP C-Rod

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 11:21:59 pm »
would using a sheet of plywood help?  i have a friend that bought a used hot tub from a neighbor and they used plywood to create a stable foundation (rolled them on beer cans...wait, no they didn't...the beer cans were used as bribes not as rolling devices)
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 11:21:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42