What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clueness HS Jetsetter owner - help please!!  (Read 3254 times)

bunionboy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Clueness HS Jetsetter owner - help please!!
« on: June 28, 2006, 12:28:51 pm »
I purchased a used Hot Spring Jetsetter with an ozonator.  It did not come with a manual and the local dealer did not have one.  The previous owners used Baqua Spa, yet the dealer advised against that.  Please help me with what chemicals to use, especially for first time startup.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 12:52:24 pm by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Clueness HS Jetsetter owner - help please!!
« on: June 28, 2006, 12:28:51 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Clueness new owner - help please!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 12:35:29 pm »
What did your dealer recommend if he thought you should stay away from Baqua?

That would be a good place to start.  The 2 most common answers would be dichlor or bromine as a santizer.   Either is a good place to start.  People can make good arguments for both.  Lots of people on here love both. Many started with one of those and now love the other.

Does your local dealer do water testing?  Knowing what your water is like can go a long way to helping make that determination.   Chances are that local dealer stocks the most common things needed in your area.  

By no means do I insist you use your local dealer for everything, but its a good place to start and once your comfortable with your routine, you can begin shopping.  Here in my town the HS happens to have the best price on Dichlor (better than internet) But I have other sources for the stuff I like.   Many dealers align to a particular brand and I've developed my own favorites.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 12:37:26 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 12:46:00 pm »
I purchased a used Hot Spring Jetsetter with an ozonator.  It did not come with a manual and the local dealer did not have one.  The previous owners used Baqua Spa, yet the dealer advised against that.  Please help me with what chemicals to use, especially for first time startup.

What did the delaer suggest in it's place? I'd advise going with dichlor (along with Nature 2) while others use Bromine with success. As far as a manual, call the manufacturer and you should be able to get the correct manual. You'll want to have your serial number ready (t'll be somewhere inside the cabinet) so they know when the spa was made so they can get you the proper manual.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 12:51:37 pm »
My manual is readily available on the manufacturer's website.  I've not checked this out on HS, is that possible?   But you have a few living, breathing Hot Spring gurus, who log in quite frequently. I'll add  the HS jetsetter to your title so it catches their attention.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 12:53:11 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Clueness HS Jetsetter owner - help please!!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 01:28:44 pm »
Congratulations on your purchase!

Click on the following link and you can download an owner's manual including water care instructions:

http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Customers/owner_manual.html#Instructions

Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 02:17:41 pm »
Congratulations on your purchase!

Click on the following link and you can download an owner's manual including water care instructions:

http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Customers/owner_manual.html#Instructions

Good luck! :)

Terminator

Ol' meaness told me you were totally worthless. Obviously she was exaggarating...................................a little.

I knew one of your guys would come through.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 08:32:31 pm »
My knee-jerk reaction to the chemicals used previously and you starting a new system is to be sure to rinse all residue before adding any chemicals....actually, regardless of what they used, I'd recommend cleaning/sanitizing it just because.  ;)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 08:32:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42