What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Filters  (Read 4604 times)

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
Sundance Filters
« on: June 26, 2006, 11:19:35 pm »
I've been told by my dealer to rinse the filter of my Sundance Optima on a biweekly basis. So I get it out, and hit it with the garden hose up and down the pleats and then put it back in. Its all ok, as long as it's summer. But when December rolls around, I don't know quite how I'm going to accomplish this.

Is anyone else pressure rinsing their microclean II filter? I see the owner's manual gives a part number for a regular pleated filter in place of this one.

Also, I've never seen it take the hourglass shape that the owners manual tells us about. Anyone else experience that?

Thanks in advance.

BK

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Filters
« on: June 26, 2006, 11:19:35 pm »

greggle781

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Sundance Filters
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 12:11:26 am »
YOU WILL SEE THAT WHEN IT GETS CLOGGED IT WILL SUCK ITSELF IN THE MIDDLE, GIVING IT THE HOUR GLASS SHAPE. THE PROBLEM WITH THE FILTER IS THAT IT IS EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE EVERY 6 TO 9 MONTHS. ABOUT $100.00. ALSO YOU ARENT SUPPOSED TO WASH IT. JUST LEAVE IT ALONE AND THEN CHANGE IT WHEN IT GETS THAT HOUR GLASS SHAPE. JUST MY 2 CENTS  

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 09:05:57 am »
If we are talking about the disposable filter, AFAIK, it is NOT supposed to be washed out at all. It should last for 8-12 months, then be replaced. The only time you should touch it other wise is to remove it when re-filling the tub.

If I were you, I would email Sundance tech service. If they tell you the same, carry the email down to your dealer and demand a new filter, free of charge. I think he gave you bad advice.

I'm on my second filter, the first I did try to rinse out after the first water change. I noticed that it was starting to come apart as soon as I began. The filter barely lasted 8 months.

BTW, if your filter is clogging up sooner than that, Sundance offers a washable one that's an exact replacement.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 09:07:08 am by johnvb »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:58:42 am »
YOU WILL SEE THAT WHEN IT GETS CLOGGED IT WILL SUCK ITSELF IN THE MIDDLE, GIVING IT THE HOUR GLASS SHAPE. THE PROBLEM WITH THE FILTER IS THAT IT IS EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE EVERY 6 TO 9 MONTHS. ABOUT $100.00. ALSO YOU ARENT SUPPOSED TO WASH IT. JUST LEAVE IT ALONE AND THEN CHANGE IT WHEN IT GETS THAT HOUR GLASS SHAPE. JUST MY 2 CENTS  

But, there is a standard filter that you can use as a repalcement to get away from having to use those disposable filters. Apparantly it eludes to this fact in the manual and I'd ask that of Sundance but I know someone here confirmed it a month or two back if you want to try to search for that thread.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:01:42 am »
I have a Majesta.  

I was told the filter would last approximately 6 months (it also states so in the owner's manual for the 880 series--look on page 51).

You should not rinse or clean it.  

Mine doesn't have the hour glass shape but it's only 3-1/2 weeks old.
'06 Majesta

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 01:09:07 pm »
You can't clean the Microclean filters.

The pleated filter that will fit is.......

OEM # 6540-488
Unicel # C-8326
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 03:01:23 pm »
When you rinse it you're rinsing away the microban on the filter.

hymbaw

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 03:18:17 pm »
There is no MicroBan on the filter.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »
My bad, I guess my Jacuzzi rep gave us wrong information.... ???

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 04:35:32 pm »
Took mine out the other day and hosed out the crap between the pleats. I seen no harm in this. But then I see no difference. I would think  it had to help.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 04:36:03 pm by galen »

hymbaw

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 05:23:08 pm »
Galen,

Getting the large debris out can't hurt. However, NEVER use a pressure washer to do this. You will destroy the filter media.

ggwagner

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 11:49:03 pm »
There are two filters you can use in the newer Optimas. The Microclean II filter is sold with all Sundance 800 series tubs, and it needs no cleaning. It is disposable after 6 or 9 months, or 2 to 3 water changes depending on tub usage.
You can also use the older Microclean filter, which has two parts - a pleated side and a micofibre side. With this filter you need to clean the pleated side of the filter as you clean any pleated filter. The microfibre side of the filter should not be cleaned but replaced after each water change.
Glenn Wagner
Sundance Spas Orillia Ontario

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 12:14:47 am »
Sundance told me to go ahead and rinse it if I want. They aren't crystal clear on their instructions. I'll just let it go in the winter, I guess it won't be picking up leaves and chaff then anyway.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 12:14:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42