What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: All bets are in; here's the answer....  (Read 5008 times)

anne

All bets are in; here's the answer....
« on: May 14, 2006, 04:56:32 pm »
Well, I sort of have an answer now, but only sort of. I'm confused, but maybe someone here can clarify this for me.

My friends purchased a "Southwest" spa. It is a "Sierra" but I'm not sure if that is a model or the name of line of tubs from Southwest. He indicated that the Sierra was the premier of what they make.  They claim to be the second largest spa manufacturer in the country? Sounds like they do a lot of custom work- you pick the mould, the jet arrangements, etc. It sounds similar to what the people at CalSpas offered me.

It came from Backyard Escapes in Rocklin CA.

Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

All bets are in; here's the answer....
« on: May 14, 2006, 04:56:32 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: All bets are in; here's the answer....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 05:03:09 pm »
Never heard of them, but they were easy to find.

http://www.southwestspa.com/catalog1.htm

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 05:38:20 pm »
They are based here in San Diego, not far from the Watkins plant. They are low end spas similar to a gulf coast. Hihghly uncomfortable spas, not the best quality, but they are "factory direct" and have 50+ jets with 5hp motors are are only $3k-$5k.

Personally I think that people can buy a lot better "low end spa" than southwest. There has been some somewhat shady things that have gone on with that company in recent times, and in my personal opinion I would avoid them.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 07:08:38 pm »
Premier of what they make?
By who's declaration?

Brewman

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 09:11:18 pm »
You could drink the premium Boon Docks line of wine,the #1 seller of cheap booze.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 12:49:24 am »
They claim to be the second largest spa manufacturer in the country? Sounds like they do a lot of custom work-
I think you may need to put those two sentences together. That is the ONLY way it could come close to being true: they MAY be the secnd largest CUSTOM maker of tubs. They most assuredly are not bigger than Sundance/Jacuzzi, who is generally thought of as the second largest maker of tubs.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:05:57 am »
Hey, I think I guessed Southwest Spa way back when.
Measure once, cut twice.

anne

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 11:38:08 am »
I think you may need to put those two sentences together. That is the ONLY way it could come close to being true: they MAY be the secnd largest CUSTOM maker of tubs. They most assuredly are not bigger than Sundance/Jacuzzi, who is generally thought of as the second largest maker of tubs.

I just want to make it clear that all I'm doing is quoting what I was told- it was fragmented information from people who are excited about the percieved deal they got. I'm afraid that my friends were probably taken for a ride. They still have not taken delivery of it. Doesn't seem appropriate for me to ask them to reconsider their purchase now.......does it? I can't exactly claim to be an expert, and they feel that they did their research.   :-/ :P :-/

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 06:44:08 pm »
Ever hear the phrase, let sleeping dogs lie. I'd do my best not to kick that dog. You bring it up, you friend is going to think you are calling them stupid. If there tub never has a problem, they'll think you were just an idiot that maybe paid too much for their spa, if thier tub breaks down often, everytime they see you thy'll be regreting seeing you. leave-r-lie.

I just want to make it clear that all I'm doing is quoting what I was told- it was fragmented information from people who are excited about the percieved deal they got. I'm afraid that my friends were probably taken for a ride. They still have not taken delivery of it. Doesn't seem appropriate for me to ask them to reconsider their purchase now.......does it? I can't exactly claim to be an expert, and they feel that they did their research.   :-/ :P :-/

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

anne

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 07:09:40 pm »
Yeah, I get your point. Dont like to kick dogs, and dont like to get bitten, either. I just hope it works out for them. They wont be destitute if they lose 8.5K to a dumb mistake, and likely it wont be a total loss.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 07:40:16 pm »
Aw.

=(

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 10:06:33 pm »
I agree with what's being said (like anyone cared  ;D). Everybody has a percieved value on what they bought and WE ALL believe we bought the right tub. I spent months looking for mine and I have a friend who spent 2 hours.

VERY FEW people are on this or Doc's board looking for advice and considering the impact of the internet in most people's lives, I'm surprised.

Reguardless if it's a great tub or a POS, they did the "research" and are happy with their purchase ... I think that's good for them, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 12:34:57 am »
They are based here in San Diego, not far from the Watkins plant. They are low end spas similar to a gulf coast. Hihghly uncomfortable spas, not the best quality, but they are "factory direct" and have 50+ jets with 5hp motors are are only $3k-$5k.

Personally I think that people can buy a lot better "low end spa" than southwest. There has been some somewhat shady things that have gone on with that company in recent times, and in my personal opinion I would avoid them.

They have a dealer not too far from where I live. I stopped by once and the salesperson was very knowledgeable and friendly. Didn't their plant catch on fire not too long ago?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 01:45:16 pm »
You just never know.  The first tub I bought many years ago was before anything like this forum existed.  There was no way to research different brands.  I simply went to the one store in town that sold spas and above ground swimming pools.  I bought some no-name spa and loved it to death.  I had always been happy in those concrete mini pools with swirly water at resorts.  I simply didn't know any better and was happy to just have hot, bubbly water.  I used it for many years before moving and leaving it with the house but I ejoyed every minute in it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 01:45:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42