What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Drain after 30 days  (Read 2855 times)

In Canada eh

First Drain after 30 days
« on: June 10, 2006, 10:44:29 pm »
In reading all the past postings about cloudy water, we've noticed many recommendations for newbies to drain their tubs after the 1st 30 days, and are wondering why.

If we understand why the advice is given, then we may also understand why our water has suddenly turned cloudy on the 29th day?    coincidence or founded logic?

???
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

First Drain after 30 days
« on: June 10, 2006, 10:44:29 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: First Drain after 30 days
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 12:17:41 am »
Yes, Chas has recommended changing out the water for a new spa after 30 days. Most new owners tend to over analyze their water conditions and usually add too many chemicals. Also, it's possible there could be some left over residual crud from the factory that needs to be flushed out.

I had the same problem and it worked for me. Water's the cheapest thing you can buy for your spa.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 01:47:29 am »
You are getting the perfect advice here. I have been there and done that. The first reply is right on target. CHANGE YOUR WATER.

anne

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 02:05:24 am »
I think what he is looking for is a concrete explanation of WHY water gets bad in the first 30 days, the logic being that if you eliminate the cause, you could eliminate the need to change water.

If I understand it right, it is multifactorial, but the cumulative effect is water that is just better to replace than to try to fix. Factors include:

1. Over use of chemicals trying to micromanage water balance
2. Sometimes a poor understanding of "sanitation" versus "balance"- so not only overuse of chems, but inappropriate use
3. Probably more use in the first month or so b/c it is a new toy
4. Purging of any chems/debris sitting in pipes, etc from the warehouse
5. Skin pores that may not be as clean as you like to think that they are- unleashing all their contents in your water

By that logic, someone used to tub ownership but just getting a new tub MIGHT have fewer problems than a total newbie, but since some things are not a matter of experience, the general trend is that everyone dumps after 30 days, if they follow Chas' advice.

I did!!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 11:20:58 am »
We change our water and clean the filters every 30 days anyway.  Nothing like fresh clean water.  
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 11:20:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42