What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub shopping  (Read 1973 times)

unclesalty

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot tub shopping
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:04:15 am »
The hs repairman says my tub is unrepairable. the piping is covered in spray on insulation and cant be removed enough to get a good glue joint? Not to mention that most of the foam will have to be removed (excavatred)  from the bottom to allow the repair. his quote was over 1000 with NO waranty.
I looked a the new hs models (jetsetter and envoy)but I dont care for the dealer, Its  the rec warehouse. On the way back we stopped in a caldera and master spa showroom. We originally wanted a smaller spa (we had a soverign). The trouble is I want the jet options only available in the big boys.
Im looking at 2 caldera tubs both floor models the geneva at 8000 and the tahitian at 7500. delivered w/steps and cover lift. I did find a smaller master spa with the extreme therepy seat that was around 5800 as I recall. I hadnt heard of master spas before, anyone have an opinion? I will have to run a new 50 amp service whatever I get, my soverign was only 110.
Were packing our suits and doing some wet testing this weekend.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub shopping
« on: May 30, 2006, 11:04:15 am »

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
Re: Hot tub shopping
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 11:31:03 am »
Sorry to hear about your old spa's demise :'(

Can't help with brand, but we love our floor model Sundance Bahia.

It was a wet floor model (2005) and we got $1700 off list w/coverlifter included.  Still has full factory warranty, delivered, new filter etc.  

So, for what it's worth, if they have a floor model w/the jet setup you like, you could save some coin and move up to a larger one to boot!  

Good luck.
Better than I deserve...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 11:45:07 am »
The hs repairman says my tub is unrepairable. the piping is covered in spray on insulation and cant be removed enough to get a good glue joint? Not to mention that most of the foam will have to be removed (excavatred)  from the bottom to allow the repair. his quote was over 1000 with NO waranty.
 I looked a the new hs models (jetsetter and envoy)but I dont care for the dealer, Its  the rec warehouse. On the way back we stopped in a caldera and master spa showroom. We originally wanted a smaller spa (we had a soverign). The trouble is I want the jet options only available in the big boys.
Im looking at 2 caldera tubs both floor models the geneva at 8000 and the tahitian at 7500. delivered w/steps and cover lift. I did find a smaller master spa with the extreme therepy seat that was around 5800 as I recall. I hadnt heard of master spas before, anyone have an opinion? I will have to run a new 50 amp service whatever I get, my soverign was only 110.
Were packing our suits and doing some wet testing this weekend.

TErminator recently posted some pics of a road side tent sale by Master.   Personally from the pics, the quality looked pretty bad.    I think if you did a search of the forum you'll read some interesting threads, and at least have some knowledge of other people's opinon  of them to keep in mind when you take a look at them.
07 Caldera Geneva

unclesalty

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 11:54:07 am »
I wanted to try a sundance but the nearest dealer is 95 miles away. The floor model calderas are both 2000.00 off msrp Thats 1500 off for the sale and 500 off for the floor model. My quoted prices are a bit lower than some posted here so It looks like a fair price and there are no payments for the first year..Though at 18% interest it will be paid for before the year is up.

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 12:27:42 pm »
The hs repairman says my tub is unrepairable. the piping is covered in spray on insulation and cant be removed enough to get a good glue joint? Not to mention that most of the foam will have to be removed (excavatred)  from the bottom to allow the repair.

Sounds like a lazy tech or a dishonest dealer trying to flip you into a new tub.

You may want to check out Costco. They have what amounts to a Sovereign in a different skin for $5700.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11112486&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 12:27:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42