What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Damn new neighbors  (Read 3235 times)

rick_in_cleveland

Damn new neighbors
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:05:55 am »
We have our tub in the back of our yard.  Its very secluded as     between out property and the property in back is a very large hedge and tree that completely blocks both properties.  Last year we landscaped around the tub area to fit in with the rest of out yard and everything was perfect.  Now a new neighbor moves in and the first thing they do is take out the hedge and tree and pile up their junk next to the property line.  Now I have bought $300 of arborvite and a cubic yard of of bed mix which is sitting  in my back yard....Guess what I'm doing this week end?  Damn neighbors

Hot Tub Forum

Damn new neighbors
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:05:55 am »

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Damn new neighbors
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:20:04 am »
I feel for you, damn neighbours and their junk.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:42:51 am »
Rick, I called my neighbors the "damn neighbors" years ago when I actually thought I liked them.  After many many aggrivating encounters with them...he stores heavy equipment in his yard and he is always in our business...I had a friend donate this....

It's Bamboo...I love it but they hate it because at approximately 25-30 feet tall, they have no idea of what we are doing over here.  ;D The only problem is that I have to keep it trimmed back as it gets pretty invasive.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:44:00 am »
Holy cow! It is even growing in the picture...I don't know how to make it smaller  :o

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 09:36:47 pm »
Sounds like you'll be soaking your sore back after the landscaping project.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 06:05:30 am »
Holy cow! It is even growing in the picture...I don't know how to make it smaller  :o

How hard is that stuff to control? I've read people cursing bamboo landscaping because it spreads so much. Did you put some kind of barrier in the ground on the "d**n neighbors" side?

We have a 7-8' privacy fence on one side of the yard, and I need another 6-8' on top of that for privacy. We have some Red-tip Photinia there at one end, which seems to be just high enough. But they are prone to spot disease. I really don't need anything that gets 40-50', like Leyland Cypress, which many people plant around here.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 08:34:10 am »
We really had no idea of how to control it when our friend planted it for us. I bet he didn't either..but knowing when to prune it is the key. In the spring when it sets shoots, you can just step on the new growth and stop it from spreading. Quite honestly I wouldn't tell anyone to plant it except in containers. The arborvites will do the job  for Rick, it just may take a couple of years for them to get tall enough and fill in.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 07:38:40 pm »
 I talked to a nursery salesman today who recommended sinking large diameter PVC pipe into the ground, 3-4' deep, to use as bambo planters/containment.

Think we may go for something like Chindo viburnum

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 07:38:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42