What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One Spas  (Read 8927 times)

J._McD

Re: Dimension One Spas
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 01:52:11 pm »
Since our industry has no audited sales numbers, I find it amusing when someone posts Brand X sells 25,000 a year and brand Y sells 50,000........

Again, it is amusing to see the claim they split when Hot Spring wouldn't take their "advanced" suggestions.  

D1 has been well known in the past to distribute to their dealers fake energy use signs for their spas that look similar to appliance energy stickers.  Don't know if they still do.

I agree most D1 buyers like them.

Bottom line, exensive, unique high end spas with questionable claims and marketing.

While we attribute opinions, and that is mostly what we state here, to ones Bias or background, I find your perspective about numbers to be very interesting.  HS simply makes a claim about numbers and they are the number 1 leader.  But yet your claim is not as you say "audited" against other company productions.

The concept of "advanced" suggestions, does not mean "advanced technology, but thinking outside the BOX.  Watkins would not produce a product contained within a box or cabinet form.  We call these "Portable Spas".  At that time is was considered to be advanced thinking because no others were doing it.  Soon after Watkins began making there own "Portable Spas".  Today we have an industry full of "Portable Spa" manufacturers producing a wide variety of choices.  To me, that was "advanced" thinking in the 70's.

your statement regarding energy use or consumption has long been touted by your own manufacturer.

"Bottom line, expensive, unique high end spas with questionable claims and marketing", you seem to want to discredit them for similar things HS has done over time.  It is kind of like, the kettle calling the pot black.

D1 is a viable, alternative choice for the quality minded buyer.  It's "white shell" bears a very strong similarity to what HS "used" to offer to its consumers and as I recall, the salesperson would always impact it with a "Louisville Slugger" to impress the crowd. ;) ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 01:52:11 pm »

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 11:54:43 pm »
We looked at D1. Didn't find a layout we really liked and didn't think the dealership was the best and those moveable neck jets threw me off right away. I saw maintenance disaster written all over them.

I do think they have the best water feature I've seen though. My BIL had one and moved to a Prodigy. A local dentist has a Californian and raves about it.

Anoroc

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 02:11:34 am »
The dealer raved about D1's ozone system, and about the vision cartridge, but never tried to tell me I'd need no sanitizer.

The dealer I visited told me no sanitizer was needed.  I grinned and said "whatever" but I find that hard to believe.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 10:13:19 am »
For years I would repeat the HS line, "with this system you can soak chlorine free."

The problem was that people WANTED to hear me say that you didn't need any chems AT ALL. They mislead themselves. I now say, "You can soak chlorine free and only need to put chlorine in at times you are not in the spa, such as after a crowd, once a month for a heavy chlorine shock or any time my brother-in-law gets into your tub."

Point is: I did not want to mislead, and I am now going to greater lengths to be sure they understand.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Nitlion15

• Be vewry vewry quiet, I'm hunting Spa's.....
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 11:05:20 am »
I bought a D-1 @Home series spa last June and I love it.  It was affordable (around $6K) and we have enjoyed it.  Have had no problems at all.  The spa seems very well made.  I didn't get all the bells and whistles, didn't think I would need them.  I am very happy with the spa and would recommend them.  

I'm lucky in that my dealer is only 5 miles from my house.  He is very responsive and helpful.  

As for the no chlorine issue, that is not the case for the @ Home series.  I do have ozone but I use chlorine and my dealer never made a claim that I could run the spa without chlorine.  The more expensive models do have a special ozone package I believe.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 11:05:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42