What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dynasty spa:  Any opinions?  (Read 6469 times)

merlot1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dynasty spa:  Any opinions?
« on: April 14, 2006, 09:35:37 am »
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a used spa to buy from a private party.
There are only a few model I can find around here in Quebec.  Spa that have transferable warranty a quite rare.

Among them I saw a spa made from Dynasty spa.
IT is a Trevi ST55 which is made by Dynasty for a shop we find in CAnada called Trevi so you might have never heard about that specific subtype.

Anyway, it is made by Dynasty so that is why i'd like opinion about that brand.  I didn't found much information on forum about this brand compare to other i'M considering like the used Sundance optima.

THANKS

Hot Tub Forum

Dynasty spa:  Any opinions?
« on: April 14, 2006, 09:35:37 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Dynasty spa:  Any opinions?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 01:46:57 pm »
I have a 3 year old Dynasty, The dealer no longer exists, but Dynasty has been great to work with on the few warranty issues I've had.

My sister in law still is in love with her Neptune, and other than one boneheaded(sorry Karen) mistake with her first tub of water it was been great.   I can't speak to these brands that I guess they only sell in Canada.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 01:47:33 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

merlot1999

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 03:33:21 pm »
Do you think it is comparable to brand like Sundance or Artic Spa ?

Duffman

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 02:00:41 pm »
Dynasty was one of the many spas I wet tested. Here's an excerpt from my wet test report at http://www.members.cox.net/duffman471/Spa_Wet_Testing_Analysis.htm

I wet tested the Excalibur 5000 Renaissance, and the Neptune Poseidon

Here are the features I liked:

a)      There was good (not great) balanced power in the 3-pump model, but I liked the feel of the jet on the Poseidon much better. I would not choose Dynasty for myself, but I think the 2-pump Poseidon could be a great spa for those who like a very comfortable, but less intense jet package.

On a number of the seats, and especially on the lounger, the Poseidon has a great little jet that is made up of about a dozen tiny spouts. It did not itch or sting at all. I would have to say they felt “relaxing.” The 3-pump did not seem to have these jets.

b)      The foot jets on the Dynasty spas include a large, multi-spout design similar to those in Master Spa LSX/LS2X. I think this style feels great. It’s also quite a different feel than every other type I have tested.

c)      For the models with the lounge, the regular seating has about the least sculpting I have seen on any other spa. Despite the appearance of a lip between seats in the pictures, the large corner seat was specifically designed to use either side seat like a 2nd lounge. The large radius in that seat offers some interesting jet applications for the arms and shoulders.

d)      I found the headrests on these spas to be very comfortable.

Here's what I didn't like:

a)      You might find it comfortable, but I was just unable to keep from floating out of the lounge seat. Also, the lounge design might be too small for people over 6’ tall. The reason I say that is that at 5’6”, my feet were reasonably close to the end of the leg indentations.

b)      If you look at the pictures you will see a lot of diverter valves with triskelion-like shapes. I really didn’t like these at all.

1)      First, there was no way to tell what the setting was by looking at them.

2)      There are so darn many of those knobs and none of them are marked in any way. The large ones are diverter valves, while the smaller ones are for air, waterfalls, or water spouts (little clam shells open up and a stream of water shoots a 1-2 foot arc into the spa). Anyone could get used to this setup but I had a very hard time figuring out what everything did.

3)      On both spas, at least one of the diverter valves made a vibrating, almost grinding sound when adjusting the setting. Perhaps the valve was just loose in some way but the source was definitely the water pressure against the diverter valve.

c)      For the models with the lounge, the regular seating has about the least sculpting I have seen on any other spa. Despite the appearance of a lip between seats in the pictures, the large corner seat was specifically designed to use either side seat like a 2nd lounge. The large radius in that seat offers some interesting jet applications for the arms and shoulders.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 02:00:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42