What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: looking to purchase a new Spa  (Read 9077 times)

sheba11

looking to purchase a new Spa
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:50:22 pm »
Hello

I'm looking to purchase a new hot tub and was quotes a price of $12,600.00 for a Master Spa LSX. Is this a good price?

Also I have looked at and tested Hot Spring - Envoy, D1 - Chairman II, Jacuzzi - J-480 and Sundance - Maxxus all seem to be great tubs. But I really Like the D1 Sarena Bay or Lotus bay. Can anybody offer advice.

This is my first Spa and i want it to be a good one. 

Hot Tub Forum

looking to purchase a new Spa
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:50:22 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: looking to purchase a new Spa
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 01:28:47 pm »
sheba11
 i think that is high for the Master Spa....in this price range you should be able to get the Lotu in that range depending on were the dealer is... The Lotus Bay has a lot of great features in that tub that are not just foofoo....The Chairman II is agreat tub, the Dynamic massage sequencer, the Ultrpure Ozone system,,,but the Lotus and the Sarena are deeper spas, I would put these against them at any time,, Also the Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, and Sundance are right up there with the D1 spas . Sometimes you will find that peopleon here  think they are are overpriced,,, One thing on these is they are not a typical square tub, they are very pleasing to look at out side. But there are alot more features built into these spas, thats why they are a step up from the Reflections series...If you have any questions let me know....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 01:59:47 pm »
Hello

I'm looking to purchase a new hot tub and was quotes a price of $12,600.00 for a Master Spa LSX. Is this a good price?

Also I have looked at and tested Hot Spring - Envoy, D1 - Chairman II, Jacuzzi - J-480 and Sundance - Maxxus all seem to be great tubs. But I really Like the D1 Sarena Bay or Lotus bay. Can anybody offer advice.

This is my first Spa and i want it to be a good one. 

I specifically like D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance and at the same time would specifically avoid Master for multiple reasons. Besides that, the Master you're referring to seems priced awfully high though I'd avoid them even if they were cheaper.

Visit each of the dealers and get the best combination of quality product and quality dealer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

sheba11

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:33 pm »
Hello All,

Thank you for your help.I'm very close to purchasing a tub. Can anybody tell me if these prices are good

Master Spa LSX $13,900 very expensive
Hot Springs Envoy $8900
Caldera Spa Cantabria $12,500
Waiting for D1 pricing look at the Lotus Bay $???? and the Sarena Bay $??? or the Chairman $????

Thank you again hopefully in a couple of week i will be relaxing in one of the above tubs. ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 11:33:04 am »
Hello All,

Thank you for your help.I'm very close to purchasing a tub. Can anybody tell me if these prices are good

Master Spa LSX $13,900 very expensive
Hot Springs Envoy $8900
Caldera Spa Cantabria $12,500
Waiting for D1 pricing look at the Lotus Bay $???? and the Sarena Bay $??? or the Chairman $????

Thank you again hopefully in a couple of week i will be relaxing in one of the above tubs. ;D

I'm not a fan of Master and while that spa is big at 7'10" x 7'10" x 36" its not huge so $14k is like a lot for that and its not exactly one of my favorite brands. Heck, the Caldera is $1400 less and its bigger/deeper at 9' x 7'7" x 38" and a better brand choice than Master IMO, that price sounds probably about right for it but it all depends on if you're looking for something that big. You can get some great spas out there that are good size for $10k or less. I've admitted before that I'm not the biggest fan of paying $12k-15k for spas unless they're at least oversized which I why I like the 300 series from Jacuzzi for instance more than their 400 series which are too much for me or with D1 where I think the Reflections series spas are much better value than the Bay series though each are quality choices. It all depends on what you're looking for, what kind of budget you have, etc. The Envoy price seems very good actually and the Chairman is probably about the equivalent from D1. I'd lean toward those two or the Caldera if you're looking for a bigger spa.

I'm assuming you plan to wet test!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:09 pm »
Prices on the spas is gonna be different on the location of the dealer partly with freight and what the market will bare. But Master seems high for the spa, the Caldera and D1 would be better for what you get,,, But the Lotus, Amore and Sarena range from 11,500 to 17,000...  and the Chairman roughly 11, to 12,500 just rough price, and prices on any spa is also going to differ on what is included in the price, cover, lifter, steps, delivery, freight, etc....But i would look at the D1 , Caldera or Hot Springs Line,,,,remember on the 3 brands you are looking at make sure you are looking at the comparable model, like in the D1 line the Reflections series , Nautilus, Diplomat, Californian, then the Chairman, the Bay series are next totally different looks not squared bodies, the heights, and the features they have in the spa,,,,

sheba11

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 11:54:58 am »
Thank you all for the help

I have narrowed it down to 3 spas.

Sundance - Maxxus floor model for $12,600.00, the Caldera - Cantabria for $12,500 brand new or the Caldera Geneva for $10,400

D1 - is out local dealer never calls back. When i went to visit at 11pm on a Saturday nobody was there no literature and not even a demo.

Hot Springs is out - Great tubs but just doesn't fit me right. Wet tested and sat in a friends for hours

Mater Spa is out Can not fins an LSX model to wet test or even sit in
Picking a spa is just as hard as purchasing a car

Thank you for all your hep

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 01:02:36 pm »
Wow sounds like you have some dealers that do not t=need the business, Man i would be on that and more to get you into the store to earn your business,,, It seems like we see and hear more of this in all retail stores not just hot tubs, which is too bad, Right now with th economy  every dollar is needed to survive, And i believe right now the name of the game is customer service . but exceptional service.....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 01:31:52 pm »
Sundance - Maxxus floor model for $12,600.00, the Caldera - Cantabria for $12,500 brand new or the Caldera Geneva for $10,400

Those are 3 good brands so you can't go wrong with any of them really. The Maxxus is a nice spa though it really only seats 4 (5 if one is a kid) and I’d just expect a spa that big to seat more but then again maybe that's enough for you. The Cantabria is the same size but looks like it seats more. Of course both of their literature exaggerates their seating capacity but you'll know if you like the layout when you sit in them. The Geneva is a nice spa too and I guess it depends on what size you’re looking for. Actually its big compared to an average spa, just not as big as the other two. If it’s big enough it saves you some $$, depends on what you’re looking for.

It should come down to the wet tests which will probably eliminate 1 to narrow your search or maybe even make 1 stand out as the clear winner.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:33:25 pm by Spatech_tuo »

D1Dennis2009

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 02:36:21 pm »
Sheba11,

Please check you PM box, I have sent you a message and I would really like to assist you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

rikkouspa

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:44 pm »
hello,

I think your price range is correct as it assures great quality and service over time.

However, if you want to save money while enjoying honest quality, I suggest you could for instance browse Chinese models, (3000-4000 USD). (http://www.spa-ymir.com/)

Good day  :)

rik

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 03:07:52 pm »
rickouspa
this thread was not what other brand can she look at,,, especially the Chinese spas...sorry.... She was asking about three specific brands,,,,,,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 03:07:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42