What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best hot tub for 5000.00  (Read 10976 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Best hot tub for 5000.00
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 04:18:13 pm »
as far as what tub goes for $2500 used, I don't recall, actually....but they've got everything from an older Viking, to Jacuzzi to Vita to Esther Williams and more on the floor.....Some are better names than others. ;)  
You might ask your wife what makes her refuse to go used...if it's the idea of buying "someone else's trash", or just figuring that paying 5k for a tub should mean shiny and new? I would think that you would get new filters, and from what I've all read, sanitizing a tub to be on the safe side isn't all that hard or detailed.
In any case......whether lightly used or still in the wrapper.....
Good luck!
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 04:18:13 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 04:33:40 pm »
Sound like a decent deal.

I too went with a less expensive tub.  My thought was anything would be nicer than what i have right now (nothing).

One of the dealers put it this way and asked me if i was looking for a hot tub or a spa? Seems most large manufacturers carry several "levels" of tubs (good, better, and best).  It is my understanding that you can find some "good" tubs in the $5K range, but the "better" and "best" tubs will cost a bit more.

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 11:21:01 pm »
as far as what tub goes for $2500 used, I don't recall, actually....but they've got everything from an older Viking, to Jacuzzi to Vita to Esther Williams and more on the floor.....Some are better names than others. ;)  

I don't know what other people's experiences may have been, but I would recommend against Viking.  One of my local dealers carries them and I looked them over seriously when I was first considering, and they seemed very poorly constructed - the shell had a cheap look and feel, the jets were flimsy, and it didn't seem to be insulated well at all, just a 1-2" layer of foam on the underside of the shell.  Plus, the largest model that they carried (93" x 93" if I recall correctly) was only $4000 brand new, so it'd have to be pretty recent for $2500 to be a "deal".  The dealer refused to show me the warranty, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I made a post about a year and a half ago in another forum asking for opinions on it, only got one response from a guy who had had one for a couple of years and said it was "ok".  My main concerns were reliability and cost of operation, both of which I concluded were likely sub-par.  Just my $.02, I'm sure I will be promptly contradicted if others feel differently.

I would have jumped at something like East TX Spa has (used HS in the $4500 area) in a heartbeat.  I like the Jacuzzis too, if you could find a recent model with a warranty.

anne

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 12:21:11 am »
Would your wife go for an automobile analogy? If you had only $10,000 to spend on a car, would you buy a new Kia, or a 5 year old Honda, or perhaps a 7 year old Acura?
Dance like nobody's watching

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 01:24:37 pm »

Just look for a review on a HotSpring Sovereign from 2003 or before.  Virtually the same spa.

Terminator

Zactly right. Same spa.

Wonder if folks will be emailing  Costco.com and asking for a discount.......

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 01:24:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42