What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: can anyone tell when i started my hottub?  (Read 9281 times)

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
Re: can anyone tell when i started my hottub?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 12:23:40 pm »
The 2x a day sounds like the "normal" cycle.  Your owners manual should say for sure. (Iwas hoping maybe you fat fingered the cycles to 6x a day and that was the culprit).

As far as temp in the cabinet  in a nutshell, heat want's to balance out.  So keeping the cabinet at the same temperature as the water would be ideal so the cabinet isn't drawing heat from the water and causing the heater to turn on.  there are other considerations such as retaining the heat (Air leaks) or how much you use the tub (heat escapes off the top quicker, the amibaint temp, using the blowers,  etc.

If insualting the cabinet is the way to go, I would think another layer of foil backed foam board along the skirt (And the bottome of the tub if possible) sealed up would be were I started as well as sealing the lip between the tub and skirt.

That's my free advice (worth every penny too   ;) )

This is why i like this forum. Everyone tries to help out!!!!

thanks for the free advise. I am going to start with adding more insulaion to the inide of thcabinet. i mean it can't hurt. I am going to try and get that done this weekend. if i think of it i will take some pictures to show.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 12:23:40 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 12:26:56 pm »
Water I also just purchased a spa blanket from Doc's site. I haven't installed it yet, but probably will tomorrow when I can cut it to fit perfectly. I am nuts about wasting energy anyway and this has also set me in a tizzy!  I  also have a neighbor who has an inexpensive tub with the cover fallin in and he still uses far far less electric than I do.  I will find out what is going on.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

water@104

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 12:30:50 pm »
Water I also just purchased a spa blanket from Doc's site. I haven't installed it yet, but probably will tomorrow when I can cut it to fit perfectly. I am nuts about wasting energy anyway and this has also set me in a tizzy!  I  also have a neighbor who has an inexpensive tub with the cover fallin in and he still uses far far less electric than I do.  I will find out what is going on.

Bonibelle- did you buy the bubble type blanket or the foam one? I think that is my next step on my list to try.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 12:31:44 pm »

This is why i like this forum. Everyone tries to help out!!!!

No problem. Just as long as you realize, I am not a dealer, I am not an expert. Just a goofy guy with an opinion.   ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

water@104

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 12:35:54 pm »

No problem. Just as long as you realize, I am not a dealer, I am not an expert. Just a goofy guy with an opinion.   ;D

dealers, experts and even goofy guys can have opinions that can  help out the guy that knows even less about this stuff.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 12:48:34 pm »
Water, I bought the foam one, not the bubbles.And Drew is an excellent reference, and you can depend on him getting just about any info you want!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2006, 12:51:18 pm »
Water, I bought the foam one, not the bubbles.And Drew is an excellent reference, and you can depend on him getting just about any info you want!

Thanks bonnie.  I do like to search things out.  But i have made more than my share of mistakes when it comes to understanding pumps, chemicals and women.
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2006, 04:34:58 pm »
drewstar, the key to all three is "preventive maintenance". ;)
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2006, 09:33:47 pm »
Hey Term,

How do you get down off an elephant?

???
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2006, 09:33:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42