What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new buyer here please help  (Read 3377 times)

nickB

• shhh....i'm relaxing
new buyer here please help
« on: April 10, 2006, 05:14:57 pm »
i am looking to buy a Catalina XL 26000 series. does anyone know of any problems with this company or model? i have done the basic research and read the appropriate new buyers guide so i know what to look for. i don't need help with the electrical part, as i am an electrician, just anything that you have come accross that the dealers don't /won't/haven't told you.

thank's for your responses.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:21:47 pm by nickB »

Hot Tub Forum

new buyer here please help
« on: April 10, 2006, 05:14:57 pm »

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
Re: new buyer here please help
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 05:49:15 pm »
I think you will find that it is hard to get info on Catalina on this forum. I have yet to hear of any Catalina dealers being involved with this forum.
I will say that this forum is very informative and I get information daily.
I purchased a 2006 stealth series Catalina Santa Cruz and am supposed to be getting it this weekend. It has been a long month wait. I think just from the research that I have done that Catalina is a very good hottub but I am far from an expert.
I also went with Catalina due to the dealer and company selling the tub. Very good and from what I have learned from this forum you really want a dealer you can trust and that will take goooood care of you.

blakley33

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 06:16:02 pm »
I stated the wrong tub on my last post we actually are getting the Stealth Raptor.
What area are you in?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 06:47:38 pm »
I frequently stop to look at the Catalina line each summer at the Ohio State Fair.  I hadn't heard this model, so I went to look it up.

My quick, uninformed opinion would be, its a big tub, 6 average people would fit comfortably.  3-4 people would be real comfortable. Nice jet layout including the behind the thigh jet .  I would think a wet test of this specific model would be mandatory.  It appears to me that the lounger is very long and probably great for tall people. Spread out as far as it is, I would think some people might float.   You will read a lot on this forum about floating and loungers.  I'm sure I would not float and we have a family of 3, so even if my wife and daughter floated, I might still buy this model  if everything was good. (With 3 of us, we don't use the lounger much, but I'm glad its there.)  If you do test or buy this model, please let us know what you think,
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

blakley33

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 10:19:39 pm »
I ordered this tub a month ago and talked with my dealer today and he said that the truck left california today with my tub and they are hoping to deliver it to me on friday......I hope so, can,t wait. Been a long month.
We did not get to wet test this model due to the fact that I don,t think that this model was made until sometime in febuary. Pretty much the same as the Santa Cruz just bigger.
I will let you know how the tub is after we get to have our first soak, hopefully late friday nite.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 09:10:29 am »
I frequently stop to look at the Catalina line each summer at the Ohio State Fair.  I hadn't heard this model, so I went to look it up.

My quick, uninformed opinion would be, its a big tub, 6 average people would fit comfortably.  3-4 people would be real comfortable. Nice jet layout including the behind the thigh jet .  I would think a wet test of this specific model would be mandatory.  It appears to me that the lounger is very long and probably great for tall people. Spread out as far as it is, I would think some people might float.   You will read a lot on this forum about floating and loungers.  I'm sure I would not float and we have a family of 3, so even if my wife and daughter floated, I might still buy this model  if everything was good. (With 3 of us, we don't use the lounger much, but I'm glad its there.)  If you do test or buy this model, please let us know what you think,

The Jet layout looks very interesting. Anyone soak in one of these?

I like the side shoulder jets in the seat at the 1:00 position.  

The back jet in the lounger look like it would launch you through the sky  :)

NickB, did you wet test this spa? What did you think?  How does it compare to others tubs you've tested?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:11:42 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 08:01:22 pm »
I believe the large jet in the lounger was referred to by Term as the "enema jet"?  ;D ;) Looks like it'd do a FINE job if that's the case!
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 08:04:32 pm »
With fiends like Term, who needs enemas?

::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

nickB

• shhh....i'm relaxing
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 09:51:40 pm »
Thanks for the input. i have updated the pic on my original post. as the ones above are not the one i am looking at. my pic doesn't include LED lighting and fresh water misters. i really wish that i could have the sound system removed. but alas it is factory standard. the retailer has been in buisness in my area for over 25 years and my step-father works for the B.B.B. and he has nothing negative to say about the company. haven't wet tested it yet as am looking to purchase next year, baring $12,000 landing on my lap tommorrow. maybe able to get a better deal anyways if i wait. which raises another good question: are there certain seasons when you can get a better deal or not?

extran info:  Standard features:
Seats: 6
Dimension: 93X93X40
Water Capacity: 440 gallons
Hydro Power: 3 pumps
Therapy Jets: 71--------------having 91 installed
Filter Size: 120 sq. ft.
Electrical: 240 V. 50 amps.
Control System: Balboa Instruments
Ozone Ready: Yes
Aroma Therapy: Yes
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:58:47 pm by nickB »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 09:51:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42