What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rocky Mountain Spas?  (Read 2598 times)

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Rocky Mountain Spas?
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:55:37 am »
anybody ever hear of these spas or know if they are any good, etc... a guy in my area is selling these for like 50-60% off MSRP...

Hot Tub Forum

Rocky Mountain Spas?
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:55:37 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Rocky Mountain Spas?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 10:29:28 am »
Ficticious numbers, but obviously marketing that works. Heck the clothing, furniture and jewlery industries have been useing the same ploy for ever! As far as quality of that product,  the Timberline, alpine and Malibu models look interesting, (I cant believe they named one "The Devil") but they look simply like phoenix shells. Do they pull their own shells at that factory, or are they shipped in?

50-60% off MSRP...

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 10:43:35 pm »
I have looked at these.  Before I drove to the dealership, the man claimed the hot tubs were a friends
and he was keeping them at his warehouse.
Then I showed up and they had an and expensive sign for hot tubs on this warehouse space.  None of the tubs
were operational, few jets, and looked cheap.
Pressure sell and kept refering to "retail" pricing.
Reminds me of the guys who offer to sell you speakers
out of a van at a gas station because they were leftovers on the job.
Funny how they have a laminated magazine article (advertisement) ready to show you.
Good luck with Rocky mountain.  And be careful with what dealers say, YOU MUST READ IT IN WRITING!!!  Also, be careful with your deposit.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 10:59:56 pm »
Like Wisoki said...What is MSRP and what does that mean to you? Ask for a copy of a recent invoice where they sold one at MSRP.

As consumers, we're no longer interested in 10 or 15% off. It doesn't excite us. We start getting curious when we see these numbers of 50% off or more but this opens the door for inflated numbers and BIG discounts to create perceived value to an unknowing consumer who hasn't done their research.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 10:59:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42