What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is the Service Dealer Pulling My Leg?  (Read 3416 times)

Anoroc

Is the Service Dealer Pulling My Leg?
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:51:11 am »
As I had posted about two weeks ago the diverter valve to my Hotsprings Jetsetter was not working.  

It's under warranty so I called my service guys and they sent someone out to check out the tub on Friday March 17th.  He told me that they would order the part and have it installed by the next week.

Today is the 28th so I called just to make sure things were ok and the guy said he would have to research things and get back to me.  He called back and told me that there was a production problem with the diverters so it is taking them longer to get it.  They will try to get one in a couple of days and than send someone out.

Last time I had a problem it took them three weeks to order and install a part, only after several calls, so I am a bit skeptical.

Does this sound real or are they pulling my leg? :-/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 10:52:26 am by anaroc »

Hot Tub Forum

Is the Service Dealer Pulling My Leg?
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:51:11 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Is the Service Dealer Pulling My Leg?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:06:07 am »
We have had a few problems with getting parts over about the last three months. Watkins has just installed a huge new computer system. I understand it is larger than the entire D1 plant.... ;)

Once it's all debugged, it's really going to be a great system. I can order stuff online, and even go back and check status, make changes, and all that stuff. Huge step for the Watkins world.

Anyway, their usual ability to have parts in the dealer's hand seems to have been temporarily messed up. Every order I have placed this year has had at least one backorder, and that's not the norm.

Should be back to normal soon.

Sorry about the delay. Do you know th part number you are waiting for? I only mention the computer system as a possible reason - but whether or not the dealer ORDERED the part ....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 11:27:35 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:26:13 am »
I only mention the computer system as a possible reason - but weather or not the dealer ORDERED the part ....

What does the weather have to do with ordering parts? Your thinking if it was nice, the dealer went golfing ?

Sorry I owed you that one.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 11:28:28 am »
Your thinking if it was nice, the dealer went golfing ?

Sorry I owed you that one.

Zactly !!!

Anoroc

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 11:54:04 am »
Chas, I don't know the part number but it is the diverter valve to the foot jet on the jetsetter.

I will be patient.  I can still use the spa so I guess waiting a bit longer is not a big deal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 11:57:54 am »
ask him if he has a jetsetter in stock.   Tell him to take the diverter valve off that one.  

;D
07 Caldera Geneva

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 12:07:30 pm »
The diverter's have changed since 2005.

Anoroc

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 12:08:46 pm »
...and they do not have any other jetsetters.  I bought the last one in Novemeber.

Micah

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 12:31:46 pm »
Watkins has just installed a huge new computer system. I understand it is larger than the entire D1 plant.... ;)

Chas seems to have D-1 on the brain...must come from loosing ALL those deals to the D-1 dealer in Ventura County.  Just 2 weeks ago he was complaining about that dealers set up at the home show.
 But then again I can understand why a hotsprings dealer would be a little jealous  ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 01:16:31 pm by wmccall »
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 01:12:11 pm »
I think he can almost look out his window and see the HS factory and the D1 factory with D1 being a fraction of the size of the HS building(s).

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 01:13:49 pm »
I think he can almost look out his window and see the HS factory and the D1 factory with D1 being a fraction of the size of the HS building(s).

I heard the new wing in the HS factory was thier new "Repair center"  and that's why it's so big.

/joking. I own and love my watkins product.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 01:14:09 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 01:22:44 pm »
Getting away from the posturing for just a sec...

This is brutal service regardless and I'm assuming their phone system still works right? It sounds like a dealer issue and if you're not satisfied with their BS, I'd call head office directly. Since they are so HUGE, chances are the part is sitting there somewhere and it should be FedEx'd overnight to you. PERIOD!

I understand it's not a critical part and you still have the majority of function with your spa but 3 weeks for the first and now almost the same timeframe again?

Sorry, I'm not buying the "computer system" thing... This is just pure lack of customer service at the dealer level. Squeaky wheel my friend!

Steve

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 01:52:11 pm »
There is no excuse to make someone wait as long as you have had to for a silly little diverter valve.  Call the factory and ask for customer service.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 01:58:20 pm »
Sorry, I'm not buying the "computer system" thing... This is just pure lack of customer service at the dealer level. Squeaky wheel my friend!
Steve

Yeah, it would de me a lot of good to lie about them spending millions on a new system, and it would also do a lot of good for me to admit here that they are going through some problems getting it all on line -

maybe I'm wrong and you're right.....

;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 02:03:19 pm »
 But then again I can understand why a hotsprings dealer would be a little jealous  ;D

Out of curiosity, why?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 02:03:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42