What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter ?  (Read 2232 times)

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
Filter ?
« on: March 28, 2006, 01:35:11 pm »
I will be switching to dichlor, N2 and ozone shortly.  I was using soft soak.  Can anyone tell me if my filters that I used during my soft soak days (once cleaned with TSP) will be salvageable for my dichlor days ahead?  I've read you have to throw them away because there is no way to clean them totally and they could foul up the new water and the dichlor system.  I will throw them away if that is the case just wanting to check what you all have experienced or heard.  Thanks.
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Hot Tub Forum

Filter ?
« on: March 28, 2006, 01:35:11 pm »

Micah

Re: Filter ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 01:40:17 pm »
The filters will be fine. but I'm not sure that T.S.P. is the way to clean them.  They should be cleaned using a soaking method once with a filter cleaner, and then again with non chlorine shock.  The n.c.s. helps to kill all the left over biguinide from the soft soak. The trickis to rinse them VERY WELL.
Good luck!
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 02:53:49 pm »
TSP will work fine. 1 cup in 5 gal of water.  Let it soak for a few hours swishing it occasionally.  Then swish then EACH 3-4 times in clean water ( 3-4 separate water changes).  Then hose them off and your set

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 05:34:48 pm »
Thanks Rick.  ;D
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 05:34:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42