What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Island Spas  (Read 7320 times)

shabba34

Re:  Island Spas
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 12:05:24 pm »

Im sure thats what they said ::)
They probably said they don't have a spa that would compare at that competitive price point.  You know, the guy/gal that wants 70 jets, 6 12hp jet pumps, music, waterfalls etc..and want it for a 2,999.00 price tag.

Hot Tub Forum

Re:  Island Spas
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 12:05:24 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Island Spas
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 12:14:22 pm »
I believe I chatted with this fella online and basically said that we don't have stereos and some of the other things on the Tiger Rivers that he was comparing with the one he bought.  He did have a certain price range he wanted to stay within and got everything he wanted in that price range.  I'm glad he found what he was looking for.

I'm pretty sure I emphasized some of the stronger points of our spas but that was not his highest need.  We can't win 'em all (but we don't lose too many either).

Terminator  
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 03:14:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure I emphasized some of the stronger points of our spas but that was not his highest need.    

Gotta ask.....what do you consider to be the stronger points of the spas you sell?
(I'm amazed at how tactful you are when you wanna be...)
RIP C-Rod

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 03:28:10 pm »
Gotta ask.....what do you consider to be the stronger points of the spas you sell?

As it related to my discussion with 69 dude and his budget, I emphasized our 24-hr circulation pump as standard equipment, 5-year warranty, moveable jets, large LED light, bottom drain, no-programming of filtration cycles, closed-cell foam insulation, energy-efficiency, etc.

From a manufacturer standpoint, I emphasized Watkins' strength in the industry, customer service, long-term stability.

From a dealer standpoint, I emphasized in-house service, BBB Gold Star Rating for 20 years, and long-term stability with one brand.

This was over a year ago and I'm sure I can't remember everything.  Hell, more than likely I simply said the other guy's smelt of elderberries and worshipped Satan.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 03:42:31 pm »
and how the other guy's mother was a hamster, I bet...uh-huh.....
Just had to ask, yanno. ;)
RIP C-Rod

69_dude

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 09:03:13 pm »
What the hell is up with these responses and those damn rolly-eyes??  I didn't mean to step on any toes. :-/

East Tx is correct.  I did chat with him and visited the HotSpring store closer to me and HotSpring (Tiger River) could not offer anything that had the features of the Island Spas within the same price range.  A comparable spa at their store was over $1000 more and had less features.  This also was true with the local Sundance dealer.  The salespeople I talked to at both stores agreed that there mid-line models couldn't compare to the Island Spas, and tried to talk me into spending more $$ for a high-end HotSpring or Sundance.  

I even gave East TX an opportunity to provide a tub at a comparable price, and I believe he stated that he "didn't have a horse in that race".  I really appreciated his honesty with that comment as it helped make my decision much easier.

This is just what I encountered on my search for a tub.  Maybe they have better mid-line tubs now, but at that time they didn't.  So, I saved some money, got the tub I wanted and have been very happy with it.  

But what do I know??  I'm just a consumer trying to get the most for my money, not a dealer trying to make the most money.   ;D :o ;D

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:18:04 am by 69_dude »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 10:20:29 pm »
Vinny, why are you getting rid of your current spa? I can't remember what you had but I thought it was fairly new. :-/

I have a deposit on the Artesian Island Grand Cayman. If I can be of help, let me know!

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 10:41:13 pm »
Vinny, why are you getting rid of your current spa? I can't remember what you had but I thought it was fairly new. :-/

Someone brought up an old thread. The response I gave was dated Oct 30, 2004 - I ain't giving up my spa ... unless some dealer here wants to donate a Piper Glen to me - LOL!!! ;)

I wasn't going to get into this old post but I have to say that I had the SAME experience in my area with both Sundance and Hot Springs. Unlike 69_dude my Hot Spring experience ended up with the salesperson calling me an idiot - great sales tactic and the Sundance person trying to sell me a Bahia for $6300 - which IMO can't touch the Artesian Island Cayman in terms of features. I can't talk of performance since I've never been in a Bahia. If it was under $6K, I would say the Bahia would have been a good deal. BTW, The guy sold a spa based on my recommendation of him being a good guy (bought my AG pool from him) and this was his "special" price.

My spa didn't cost $2999.95 (a lot more) and I didn't haggle with anyone but the HS dealer but that was after he called me an idiot. Heck the HS guy wouldn't even talk to me about Tiger River ... he was a schmuck!

Without being disrespectful to anyone - realize that there are other brands of tubs that are better values than HS or Sundance or even Artesian. In my market Artesian was it for me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 10:41:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42