What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: getting ready for our new tub  (Read 3918 times)

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
getting ready for our new tub
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:51:54 pm »
Thanks to those who gave input on some of my questions last week about Catalina tubs. My wife and I bought a Catalina Santa Cruz raptor 06 model last friday and now are just waiting for delivery. I am going to be putting the tub on a spa pad that comes in 6 parts and forms a 8x8 pad. Is it good enough to use gravel and sand mix to prepare a level surface to set that pad on?

Hot Tub Forum

getting ready for our new tub
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:51:54 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: getting ready for our new tub
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 09:05:27 pm »
Check with your manufacturer to see if they have any requirements.

IMHO I'd say if it is done well, then you should not have any problem.  Just make sure you compact the foundation of soil/gravel/sand.

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:46:28 pm »
We used the portable pad and so far so good.  It took us a good afternoon or so to remove the sod, level out an 8x8 area, and fill with sand.  We just got the cheap sand from Home Depot and then tamped it down.  The pad is a PITA to lay down and have it stay together.  It will take at least 2 people to do it.  We've had the tub 4 months and it is still completely level.  I'm told my tub is a little louder than if it was on a concrete pad.  Overall we are happy with it, but with the amount of work involved I wouldn't have minded something a little nicer visually.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 12:15:53 am »
 The pad is a PITA .

People for the Idiotic treatment of Animals?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Anoroc

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 08:48:45 am »
I am going to be putting the tub on a spa pad that comes in 6 parts and forms a 8x8 pad. Is it good enough to use gravel and sand mix to prepare a level surface to set that pad on?

We used the pads as well and we have not had any problems with it.  I may actually change it this summer to something that looks a little nicer though.  It's not the best looking thing.

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 11:01:21 am »
Thanks to those who gave input on some of my questions last week about Catalina tubs. My wife and I bought a Catalina Santa Cruz raptor 06 model last friday and now are just waiting for delivery. I am going to be putting the tub on a spa pad that comes in 6 parts and forms a 8x8 pad. Is it good enough to use gravel and sand mix to prepare a level surface to set that pad on?

Congratulations on getting into Hot Water, now put a bottle of wine on ice for that very special night.  You're gonna love the experience.  I am surprised noone else has congratulated you yet, but they will be along soon.  Enjoy the Hot Water Experience. ;D

See what I mean. ;)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 11:02:28 am »
Agreed, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  ;D
RIP C-Rod

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 05:07:10 pm »
Yes we are very excited and it will be a special night and look forward to many nights after that.
Thank you.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 05:20:54 pm »
Congrats and ENJOY!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 05:20:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42