What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water "softner"  (Read 3451 times)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
Water "softner"
« on: March 20, 2006, 11:53:40 am »
Several people have mentioned products that you can put in the water to help with dryness of the skin after soaking.

Any one in particular that people have liked?

Any drawbacks to using them from a water chemistry standpoint?
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

Water "softner"
« on: March 20, 2006, 11:53:40 am »

tanstaafl2

Re: Water "softner"
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 12:18:00 pm »
Found the one I remembered reading.

Velvet touch, Spazazz and Gentle Spa from Proteam were the ones mentioned.

Any opinions on the use of those. Or just stick to skin lotion afterwards?

tanstaafl2

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 07:50:23 pm »
No thoughts here eh? Guess I am on my own. Or maybe that's sign not to use any at all. Not really big on "perfumes" anyway so it would have to be something low key to work for me.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:16:50 pm »
I've read comments on something like that...and from what I recall, it works some, just use in moderation, as with the spa scent stuff....it'll add a bit to the TDS, but shouldn't be bad......
Try it, see if you like it, if you have foam issues, you'll know for the next time. ;)
RIP C-Rod

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:06:27 am »
I will respond. I do not know the specific brands mentioned, however I am quite familiar with the BioGuard/SpaGuard equivalent to what you are talking about.

The SpaGuard product is called Optimizer Plus. The "Plus" is the floral bouquet the product has. The last store I worked at sold a boat load of the stuff. It was our 4th best selling spa product behind bromine tablets, bromine concentrate and spa lite (shock).

We were always quite clear with our customers :
"This is definitely not a necessity, its an accessory product" but I had many customers that would argue that point.

As mentioned, it will contribute to TDS. If you over do it, you can cause foaming. Just follow the directions.

Homeworks Financing Representative

twok99

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 10:17:52 am »
I tried Velvet Touch once and was just like adding Mr. Bubble to my tub.

tanstaafl2

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 10:29:09 am »
I will respond. I do not know the specific brands mentioned, however I am quite familiar with the BioGuard/SpaGuard equivalent to what you are talking about.

The SpaGuard product is called Optimizer Plus. The "Plus" is the floral bouquet the product has. The last store I worked at sold a boat load of the stuff. It was our 4th best selling spa product behind bromine tablets, bromine concentrate and spa lite (shock).

We were always quite clear with our customers :
"This is definitely not a necessity, its an accessory product" but I had many customers that would argue that point.

As mentioned, it will contribute to TDS. If you over do it, you can cause foaming. Just follow the directions.

Thanks. My dealer carries the SpaGuard brand and I think that is what he has. The dealer suggested eucalyptus as it would help clear the sinuses but that may be to "medicine-y". So far I have stayed on Dichloro only (along with N2 and ozone) and so generally not much chemical smell to this point. Would rather avoid foaming so I may just go with out unless demanded by the boss.

;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 10:29:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42