What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: no one speaking about Catalina..  (Read 3545 times)

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
no one speaking about Catalina..
« on: March 16, 2006, 01:17:54 am »
I have been looking through alot of the posts in here and I do not see anyone speaking of Catalina spas.
What are some views on the Catalina spas?
I may be buying one tomorrow and would like some info if possible. From the research that I have done they seemed like a good tub, but my research is very limited.
Any help would be great.

Hot Tub Forum

no one speaking about Catalina..
« on: March 16, 2006, 01:17:54 am »

anne

Re: no one speaking about Catalina..
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 01:24:56 am »
If your research is limited, might it not be better to do more before buying tomorrow?

I started spa shopping about 2 months ago, and some of the best advice I got here was to go slow, gather lots of information, and wet test lots of models before making a decision.
Dance like nobody's watching

Snyper

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 01:32:35 am »
If your research is limited, might it not be better to do more before buying tomorrow?

Took the words right outta my mouth.

When I was spa searching, Catalina didn't even make the top 10.

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 01:43:53 am »
I have been looking at tubs for about 6 months but still feel that I do not know alot about all the brands. As far as the price I feel I am getting a good deal on the Catalina. I checked with HS and they were wanting 10k+ for less tub than the Catalina model i am looking at.
I am very impressed with the dealers for the catalina and think they will take very good care of me.
I guess I was just wanting to know what other people think about Catalina that are in the business and if it is a good spa.
Thanks alot for your info and yes you are right i think that you can not look too much.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 05:46:48 am »
I looked at the Catalina myself last year.  They offered some of the bells and whistles that I didn't want.  They had water in two of their ten display models and the one that we were looking at had a control panel that was acting up.  The warranty was less than impressive - 5 years pro rated.  So in three years I have to pay 60 % of what ever they want to charge me plus 60 % tech time.  No thanks.  Their pricing was in line with most other spas like Caldera.  We looked at HS also, but I thought that they were a bit basic in setup and a premium price.  I seem to remember that the rising waterfall on the Catalina is masterpiece of engineering.  When the pump shuts off and it crashes down, it helps to prevent you from falling asleep in the tub.
Good Luck
Steve

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 08:45:39 am »
I don't know anything about Catalina and you say you've looked at HS.  Have you looked at Marquis, Sundance, or Jacuzzi?  They also have intermediate lines for less.

If you're completely sold on the Catalina I would make sure you get that warranty in writing.  How long has the dealer been in business? He's saying he'll give you a full warranty but what happens if the dealership changes hands, sells or closes?  Have you wet tested the hot-tub?  Personally, I wouldn't buy any brand without wet testing.  
My advise is to look at some of the other brands.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:46:30 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 09:13:37 am »
Blake,  I would agree to keep looking.  Artesian and L.A. Spas have excellent choices as well. However, if you feel like you have exausted your search and Catalina is a good deal then go for it.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 09:13:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42