What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jinxed myself!!!!  (Read 3426 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Jinxed myself!!!!
« on: March 13, 2006, 01:56:30 pm »
I posted that I my water was in great shape and that I had not changed the water in 5 1/2 months.  Well guess what happened????

Give up.  Well yesterday I went outside to go for a soak and my water looked like skim milk.  I forgot to fill my bromine last week and bang, water went for a dive.  So I decided today would be the best day to change it due to warmer weather.  I got half way though and boom thunder storm of all thunderstorms.  

I am freezing now, soaked right through all my clothes and pissed right off.  

My dealer, loaned me a quick drain hose which emptied my tub in about 15 miniutes.  It worked really well.

On the up side, I should be in hot fresh clean water by tonight.  

Hot Tub Forum

Jinxed myself!!!!
« on: March 13, 2006, 01:56:30 pm »

socal

• so it begins
Re: Jinxed myself!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 01:59:32 pm »
dont ya just love those pop up thunder storms? see what happens when you brag??? ;D
Marquis dealer

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:16:55 pm »
I posted that I my water was in great shape and that I had not changed the water in 5 1/2 months.  Well guess what happened????

Give up.  Well yesterday I went outside to go for a soak and my water looked like skim milk.  I forgot to fill my bromine last week and bang, water went for a dive.  So I decided today would be the best day to change it due to warmer weather.  I got half way though and boom thunder storm of all thunderstorms.  

I am freezing now, soaked right through all my clothes and pissed right off.  

My dealer, loaned me a quick drain hose which emptied my tub in about 15 miniutes.  It worked really well.

On the up side, I should be in hot fresh clean water by tonight.  

Buy yourself a length of 25 ft pool hose and keep it by the spa. Toss the whole thing in the spa, put one end against a jet until the hose is full of water then put the palm of your hand over the end of the hose and pull it out and release it to create a siphon.

I usually clamp a set of vise grips on the end of the hose for weight  to hold one end in the bottom of the spa.

Should drain in 20 to 30 minuets.

Don't forget to shut the spa off....

I know you just did this but this was just an idea for future referance.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 04:39:12 pm »
thanks for the tip.  That device that I borrowed from my dealer is 100canadian.  That is to much cash, How much will pool tube cost.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 05:08:13 pm »
2" is commercial - pricey but fast and durable.
1.5" is residential - less expensive, so-so durability.
1/25" is 'above ground pool' stuff - cheap, if you take REAL good care of it you should get some use out of it. (Store it in a canvas bag in a dark, dry room)

http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product000506000014.cfm
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 12:26:36 pm »
http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product000506000014.cfm

:o :o :o :o :o :o
Get a piece of flexable sump pump hose.
I've got about 100 feet of the stuff.
I think it's about $10 for 25 feet...
Yup...here it is....$7.99 cdn
1.25" but for the price, get two and drain even faster.http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=41005&langId=-15&parent_category_rn=

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 12:26:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42