What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: help with Hot Springs Vista  (Read 5345 times)

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
help with Hot Springs Vista
« on: March 05, 2006, 12:30:37 pm »
I just did my 4th water change. I think I did everything the same. After I turn on the 30amp breaker after about 10 secounds the ready light starts to flash? CAn anyone help? Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

help with Hot Springs Vista
« on: March 05, 2006, 12:30:37 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: help with Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 12:41:28 pm »
No problem. The flashing red light simply means that the heater overheated.

This is most likely because the circ pump still had some air in it.

Shut off both circuit breakers, and put a garden hose down the gray filter standpipe. Turn the water on full blast to help purge the heating system of any air.

Then power up just the pumps (Supposed to be the 30 amp breaker...) But not the heater (supposed to be the 20 amp breaker...)

Wait until you see normal flow. This would be a flow of bubbles if your tub has ozone, or a slight rippling of the surface if your tub does not have ozone.

Run the jets for a few minutes, and then turn on the other breaker.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:05:56 pm »
Feedback please.  Did Chas' solution work?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 03:35:18 pm »
Thanks for the tip. But I am still having problems. My manual says to turn on the 30amp breaker first. When I do that the red (power light) comes on and stays on then things seem to start up the temp display lights uo and bubbles start from the bottom but after about 15 secounds the green (ready) light comes on and starts blinking. I tryed what you said about putting water down the gray stand pipe (this was also the way I filled it) but I still get the blinking green light. ANY THOUGHTS? Thanks again. JA

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 03:38:05 pm »
Thanks for the tip. But I am still having problems. My manual says to turn on the 30 amp breaker first. When I do that the red (power light) comes on and stays on then things seem to start up the temp display lights up and bubbles start from the bottom but after about 15 seconds the green (ready) light comes on and starts blinking. I tried what you said about putting water down the gray stand pipe (this was also the way I filled it) but I still get the blinking green light. ANY THOUGHTS? Thanks again. JA

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 03:41:38 pm »
is there a reset switch that can be toggled for the heater?
RIP C-Rod

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 05:45:09 pm »
I do not think so!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 10:13:42 pm »
I'm so sorry. I read your post too fast. I thought you wrote "Red" light.

When the GREEN or "Ready" light flashes, it is one of two things. The circ pump is not moving water, or the heater high limit switch is detecting hot water or is bad. That really is only two things- pump or hi limit.

Shut off the spa for an hour. This is in case the circ pump overheated - it has it's own thermal protection - it takes a while for the circ pump to cool enough to kick back in.

Re-power and watch for water flow. Don't hesitate to repeat the garden hose flush if the circ pump wasn't running the first time.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 10:13:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42