What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: We're almost there.....  (Read 3184 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
We're almost there.....
« on: March 03, 2006, 09:19:25 pm »
Just got part of our past wages from an old boss who thought he'd give us the shaft instead of cash (that's what he gets for thinking!)...and we went and paid off the Grandee! That's a major load off, let me tell ya....now we just need to buy the supplies and pay the electrician/moarter forker to install our slab and electric, and PRESTO! We'll be in hot water! WOO-FREAKIN-HOO!! (that translates to: still sometime later in March)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

We're almost there.....
« on: March 03, 2006, 09:19:25 pm »

anne

Re: We're almost there.....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 11:15:59 pm »
Wooooohooooo! Congrats. I'll race ya to the finish line!  ;D Tomorrow I'm renting a sod cutter to prepare my tub area (gonna use a gravel base) and hopefully doing the electrical the next weekend.

Doesn't part of you still think that the tub will NEVER come??
Dance like nobody's watching

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 12:08:32 am »
You can rent sod cutters?
If I could just chew through these restraints...

anne

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 03:08:13 am »
well, I have one reserved for tomorrow, so I sure hope so. I'll let you know how it goes. $11.99/hr, with a minimum of 3 hrs and max of $90/day. It will take out a 3" deep strip of turf (so they tell me) 12" or 18" wide depending on the model.
Dance like nobody's watching

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 05:11:37 am »
moarter forker

Too much!!! LMAO
;D 8) ::) :o ;D :D
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 08:11:30 am »
Thanks anne for the rental info. Our local tool rental place has 'em and I'm going to rent one tomorrow.  Today I'm upgrading elec service to 200A (not enough capacity for the spa) and installing the CFCI box outside. Should be wet next weekend.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 09:56:55 am »
this isn't gonna be a race I'd be able to win! *lol* we're just gimping along, waiting for Wisconsin to warm up so the ground thaws enough to lay the slab.....but until then I reckon we can get the guy to run the electric, see if we will be needing an upgrade the electric or swap some fuses or something...but you're right, it does seem rather like this'll never happen, but if nothing else, I can have a REALLY COOL lawn ornament, right?

Snowbird, I'm occasionally witty... ;)  there was originally a joke with that, I believe it was something like "what do you call an Italian cement worker? A moarter forker".....and somehow I forgot the word "mason" when I was typing, so.....PRESTO!
RIP C-Rod

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 12:54:27 pm »
That Grandee is one hell of a nice spa.  I debated getting one but passed when I saw how big it was compared to my small patio which i like to use all year for barbecues as well as the fact i normally tub alone.  In any event, it is one of the best tubs I have seen.  Enjoy!

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 02:46:35 pm »
How can you stand it!!!!!    :o  I only had to 'wait' three weeks for my electrical work and new patio carpeting to be done before I was in "hot water".  

Spa use is more appealing in Florida during our "cool" season - late December till mid March.  Once the weather gets hot and sticky - less enticing to soak in hot water.  So by the time you folks get ready to jump in - we'll be putting our tub on 'vacation' mode!

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 06:16:32 pm »
SurgTec- I figure it like I've figured Xmas for the last 20 years....waiting isn't so bad if you realize that once you get what you've drooled over, that's it......no more surprises. ;)  The therapy end of it I can't wait for...my neck's been giving me a lot of trouble lately, I've even used some light medication to sleep at night.....As for hot weather use, why not do what other owners have advocated and just turn the temp down? Sounds like they cool down nicely if you take the cover off, turn off the heat and let the jets circulate the water for awhile.

orlandoguy- Yep, the tub's HUGE.....but my hubby's 6'3 with LONG legs....I'm 5'8 with big hips  ::) and my son's just passed me up vertically and isn't 15 yet.....that means we need lots of room for legs and feet, and with the friends we've got, the extra room will be GREAT. My hubby's great, he gave me the go ahead (actually I believe his words were "I don't f-ing care, just pick what you like") to spend the extra cash and get what I figured would best fit our needs and my wants.....

Thanks, y'all...just keep posting your experiences, as I'm currently living my spatopia vicariously through you!!
RIP C-Rod

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 06:38:04 pm »
We do lower the water temperature in 'summer' here - and with the benefits for my stiff, sore neck and shoulder muscles - I plan on 'tubbing' all summer this year!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 06:38:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42