What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time spa owner..chemical help!!  (Read 3852 times)

mothergoose45

First time spa owner..chemical help!!
« on: February 22, 2006, 09:38:48 pm »
Just bought a new spa.  Is the nature 2 cartridge a good choice instead of bromine?  What else do I need to go with it to maintain my new spa.  Evrything I need to keep it nice

Hot Tub Forum

First time spa owner..chemical help!!
« on: February 22, 2006, 09:38:48 pm »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: First time spa owner..chemical help!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:49:27 pm »
Congrats on the new tub :)...you should do some research to get the water treatment choices sorted out...bromine or dichlor are two main choices...Nature 2 is what I consider a supplement to chlorine as a sanitizer...it does not do the job on it's own, and is not compatible with bromine.  I like dichlor and also use Nature2 / ozone, but there are others who prefer bromine.  You'll have to pick one.  Good luck, and happy reading!

Steve

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 10:36:36 pm »
Ssbraun gives good advice.  Do some research and decide what's best for you.  I have a Marquis Epic and it uses the bromine cartridges.  Pretty simple method but there are some drawbacks. So far it's worked pretty well and as long as I have clean, clear water I guess I'll stick with it.

Do some searches on this site and you'll find a lot of help.  Enjoy your spa!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 10:36:49 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 05:46:58 am »
What did the dealer give you along with the N2 stick? I am going to assume MPS (peroxy-mono-persulphate) This is  one method to try but I would recomend a small amount of dichlor (granular chlorine) after each use, around a teaspoon or slightly more. In combination with N2 and MPS this will ensure sanitized water.
Retired

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 08:21:53 am »
A teaspoon (+/-) of dichlor after use is all it takes to keep a trace amount of chlorine with the N2 system?
Is that with or without ozone?
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 09:01:41 am »
I used the N2 stick on my tub 350 gal tub. I used Dichlor  as the primary sanitizer and also have a cd ozinator.

For the past 6 months, I've stopped using the N2 cartrige (or more accuraltey, haven't replaced it. It's supposed to be replaced every 3 months).  I have not seen a difference in my water quality.  Ymmv. I didn't see any difference using the N2 or not.

FWIW, In an older tub I used Bromine dispensed through a floating doo-hickey.  I prefer the Dichlor/ozone  that i have today over the Bromine floater.
07 Caldera Geneva

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 11:53:44 am »
A teaspoon (+/-) of dichlor after use is all it takes to keep a trace amount of chlorine with the N2 system?
Is that with or without ozone?

I believe 0.5 ppm is what Nature2 recommends...check out their website for good info about how it works (they say you can use dichlor instead of mps, which is what I do).

http://www.nature2.com/spas2.asp

See also the troubleshooting /faq sections at this site.

Steve

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 11:59:58 am »
as stated earlier, marquis use an inline delivery system with bromine combined with a cartridge of minerals. from my own experience in the show room, bromine has worked fine. the only draw back to the floater/inline system is that in a larger tub like yours, the bromine cartridge only last about 3 weeks depending on use/filter cycles/etc. but dont fret, there are bromine tablets available also.
other than a sanatizer and shock, you will want to get filter cleaner (and a 2nd set of filters if it wasnt included from the preveious owners)....other items are available (spa perfect/clarifier/others) can be grabbed as needed.
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 11:59:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42