What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: arctic questions  (Read 6405 times)

anne

arctic questions
« on: February 17, 2006, 04:25:21 pm »
What really is the difference between Arctic's "Arctic" and "peak" ozone? they are both CD......different mixing arrangements? why is the "peak" better?

And I'm wondering if this should concern me: the arctic dealer has a 2005 floor model Summit that I have looked at, and am considering, but that is the ONLY spa in there! They seem to have more pool table business than spa business. But by now, shouldn't there be 2006 models in? Im not sure if I should assume from this that their spa business is not that important, or that Arctic has been slow to deliver to them, or ?

My final decision seems to be between the Coleman 471 and the Arctic Summit Legend.......
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

arctic questions
« on: February 17, 2006, 04:25:21 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: arctic questions
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 04:43:43 pm »
Did you ask the people at the dealership that question, and if so, what did they say?  Sound's like a legitmate question.  Not sure if 2006's are hitting the floor yet, our Sundance dealer is still pushing floor model 2005's.
Brewman

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 04:48:46 pm »
The Peak Ozone System has a Mixing Chamber, which is important with Corona Discharge Ozonators. Does the 2005 Model have a system with the mixing chamber? If you do not get a answer on the forum, consider contacting the dealer and asking him or call Arctic Spas at 877-777-1577 and ask for customer service. Many Pool Table Dealers are under the gun to blow out their inventory by March, as the Pool Table buying season is almost over. By February most spa dealers are stocked are ready to go. All of our 2005 Floor Model Spas are gone and we are loaded wall to wall with 2006 tubs. Presidents weekend is the unofficial start of the spa buying season, this weekend including Monday is huge. I did have a chance to check out Arctic Spas at the Atlantic City show, a few weeks back and thought they look nice. Go for a wet test, if you can and see which spa you like the best. Goodluck. Dave.

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 07:14:27 pm »
I've been selling Arctic Spas for quite a while now (7 years and 4 stores).  Most of my inventory is still 2005.  The 2006 were avaliable towards the end of Jan.

Michael

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 07:35:55 pm »
I've been selling Arctic Spas for quite a while now (7 years and 4 stores).  Most of my inventory is still 2005.  The 2006 were avaliable towards the end of Jan.

Michael

Wow,
4 stores and most of your inventory is still 2005? Must not have been a good end of year.....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 09:03:38 pm »
I know the local Arctic dealer had a tough '05. They've even brought in the Coleman line to help. This is a branded Arctic store so it really surprised many of us in the industry...

From what I understand, many Manufacturers witnessed a 5-10% decrease in spa purchases in 05.

I suggest pricing your 05's a little more agressively and set up your 06 stage now. Maybe a good early spring event sale of some kind could help...

Steve

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:38:36 am »
I'll take a shot at the ozone question....  

Peak ozone adds a 24 hour circ pump for ozone only.  The Peak ozone CD generator produces the same amount of ozone as Delzone (a CD mfr) recommends for a small swimming pool (0.5g/hour).  Yes there is a mixing chamber that is more than a plastic tube and the unit uses an elaborate off gassing chamber that contains a catalyst to help take the ozone back to oxygen.

Arctic ozone runs only when the filtration cycle runs and the CD unit puts out less ozone.  I don't have an exact output figure nor has one been printed that I've seen.  Not certifying output is typical of the lower end units I believe.  Even Delzone, one of the primary mfrs of CD units, doesn't advertise ozone output on their spa CD units.

Ask the dealer what the deal is with not having inventory.  Perhaps they can't keep any on the floor.  My local dealer gets thin in inventory periodically.  Many people don't want to order and wait and so they take what's on the floor which looks really bad considering the size of his showroom.

I would let the wet test be your guide.  The Summit Legend is significantly more spa but that's only relevant if it fits you and your needs.

Arctic continues to grow and routinely garners growth awards.  It also recently grabbed an award for one of Canada's 50 best managed companies.  If you are concerned Arctic as a company won't be around, I doubt you have anything about which to be concerned.

anne

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 02:27:39 am »
Did you ask the people at the dealership that question, and if so, what did they say?  Sound's like a legitmate question.  

He said that the Arctic ozone reduced "chemical" use to about 50%, and Peak ozone would reduce it 90%. His explanation of how was a little fuzzy.

anne

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 02:31:53 am »
Ask the dealer what the deal is with not having inventory.  Perhaps they can't keep any on the floor.

I would if he would call me back! He has till tomorrow, then as much as I like the Arctic cedar and moulded seats, I'm out. :P

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 06:40:18 am »
He said that the Arctic ozone reduced "chemical" use to about 50%, and Peak ozone would reduce it 90%. His explanation of how was a little fuzzy.

Statements like this can get you in trouble. No one can assume sanitizer reduction without knowing your waters needs. Alot of sales pitches are a bit fuzzy. Take them for what they are worth. Arctic makes a fine tub as do several manufacturers, don't get caught up in the hype.
Retired

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 08:59:03 am »
Stl-Rex is exactly right.  The only difference is that one runs 24-7 and the other only when the filters are running.

Now as for the 2006 models.  My dealer still does not have them and my store that I go to, is low in stock.  Not to worry, this time last year the same thing happened and then by the end of February, it was full again.

Anne, some of your comments truouble me.  I think that you need to understand that purchasing a hot tub should be based on time and research.  You seem to have your tubs down to two choices, however, have you wet tested them both?

Secondly, you suggest that you are giving a dealer until the end of the day to call you back or you are out.  The problem with this is that, first you are not the only potential buyer at this store.  If you want the product bad enough, you should stay on top of it, and use their laxydasy approach to your advantage by expressing your dissapointment and decision to go look.  Put them under the gun and see what happens.

Secondly I think that if you like something, buy it.  Hot tubs are a luxury, not a necessity.  So think of it like buying a luxury car for yourself.  You have always wanted a BMW convertabile and finally can treat yourself to it.  The sales guy says he will call you back and he doesnt.  So you say, he has to the end of the day to call or else im out.  So instead you go and purchase a chevrolet cavalier convertablie just because the dealer there called you back.

BOTTOM LINE IS DO NOT SETTLE.  IF THE ARCTIC TUB IS WHAT YOU WANT, THEN GO IN AND BUY IT.  IF COLEMAN IS WHAT YOU WANT, THEN GO IN AND BUY IT.

Its your money and your decision

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 10:32:02 am »
Steve-

Actually my 2005 was up over 45% over 2004.  We ran out of stock, had to order spas all there was for me to order were 2005, since the 06's weren't ready.

Michael

anne

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 01:15:41 pm »

Anne, some of your comments truouble me.  I think that you need to understand that purchasing a hot tub should be based on time and research.  You seem to have your tubs down to two choices, however, have you wet tested them both?

Secondly, you suggest that you are giving a dealer until the end of the day to call you back or you are out.  The problem with this is that, first you are not the only potential buyer at this store.  If you want the product bad enough, you should stay on top of it, and use their laxydasy approach to your advantage by expressing your dissapointment and decision to go look.  Put them under the gun and see what happens.

BOTTOM LINE IS DO NOT SETTLE.  IF THE ARCTIC TUB IS WHAT YOU WANT, THEN GO IN AND BUY IT.  IF COLEMAN IS WHAT YOU WANT, THEN GO IN AND BUY IT.

Its your money and your decision

I understand your concerns. Actually, I have wet tested them both, the Arctic 2x, and though I like them for different reasons, I dont know which is my favorite yet. I'm tempted to give up on the Arctic tub if the dealer does not get back to me since he knows who I am, and I've waited 2 full days for a return phone call, to ask some final pricing questions.  What will it be like when I have a problem with the tub? I may be reading too much into it, but it concerns me. Its not so much about settling for something secondary, as it is basing my purchase on not only the tub but on dealer support. Maybe I'm being to hard on him, maybe he did not get my messages......that is why I'll stop by both places again to wet test one more time!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 03:55:09 pm »
dealer support is of paramount importance.  you need to understand that a sales guy and service guy are two very different areas.

I can understand you frustration, however, I would hate to see you make a decision based on a non returned call.  

You are right though, perhaps like I said earlier, you should try and use this situation to your advantage.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 05:52:22 pm »
Maybe the sales guys shoud understand that the first impression of the whole dealership is via what the customer sees when the first visit the shop.
A shop may have a top notch service unit, but the spa shopper isn't going to know that.  
What Anne knows is that a dealer hasn't returned her calls in several days.  If I was her, I'd be equally wary of the business.  
That assessment may be grounded, or it may not be, but that's the impression that's being given.
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 05:52:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42