What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can you use it too much?  Or too long?  (Read 8327 times)

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
Can you use it too much?  Or too long?
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:53:09 pm »
Oh man, I am having so much fun getting to know my new hot tub! ;D  These may be stupid questions...but I was wondering if you can "over do it" when it comes to using your tub?  Is there a maximum length of time you should stay in?  I used it three times yesterday.  And I can easily stay in an hour or longer.  Jets on, jets off, tranquilty mode, everything off but the lights....I had to work today >:(, so I only used it twice...so far...lol...who knows, if I can't sleep for thinking about it, I may get up and hop back in ::).  I actually got up at 5:15 this morning just so I could use it before work, and I am NOT a morning person.  Can I hurt myself staying in too long?  I'm 39 yrs. old (for about another month :) :(), and don't have high blood pressure.  I can't believe how much better my right shoulder is feeling....it has been hurting so much from what I think are muscle spasms from stress from work, etc.  I know I'm in the honeymoon phase right now, and some of this new will wear off, but in the meantime...just wondering if I need to stay out a bit more ??? :-/.  

Oh, by the way, have I mentioned that I absolutely LOVE my new hot tub!  Now I know what you guys mean by "spatopia".

Randi
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Hot Tub Forum

Can you use it too much?  Or too long?
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:53:09 pm »

J._McD

Re: Can you use it too much?  Or too long?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 09:58:30 pm »
It sounds more like you between 14 and 18.  Now you are begining to undestand why people say, why did I wait so long.  Best thing I have done in my lifetime.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:21:03 pm by J._McD »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:59:27 pm »
At the rate you're going, it's BOUND to interfere with the other relationships you may have in your life.  BTW did you say that all in one breath?  'cause that's what I'm picturing ;D.  Just kidding!! Enjoy the new toy...that's why you spent the big bucks on it :).

Steve

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 10:50:04 pm »
 ;DMaybe the chlorine fumes have gone to my brain...I'm giddy as a schoolgirl over this thing ;D.

Maybe it's just a huge wave of relief washing over me, now that I know I did not just waste what to me is a small fortune.   :)
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 11:29:20 pm »
You can go blind if you use it too much.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 04:59:18 am »
I think we have a new backpains here guys!!!! just kidding.  

Congratulations.  You are deffinetely in the 'honeymoon phase as you call it but who cares, use it all the time.  Just realize that the hot water will eventually get to your body.  I would say several, shorter soaks would be better for you.  All that hot water will get to you eventually.

Three weeks ago, I was in with a buddy of mine, and we consumed lots of alcohol over 2 1/2 hours.  I came out with a really bad headache.  Most likely from the booze but normally when I go in for a long time, I get a bad headache from the heat.

Also watch out for dizziness after long exposure.  I would hate to see you pass out in the tub.

I give you credit, tubbing before you go to work.  I would not be able to function if I soaked in the morning.  It puts me in such an altered state of relaxation that I would not be able to do my job.  I would need to take a nap somewhere.

Good luck and have lots of fun.  Remember this feeling now, so that when the honeymoon phase wears off, you remember why you purchased this in the first place.

One last thing, over use equals quicker water changes as well.  Be cognizant of your water chemical levels for fresh clean hot water.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 07:13:45 am »
Randi,  Keep on lovin' that tub. I pestered for a tub for a couple of years and now my hubby keeps saying it was the best thing that I ever bought HIM! I think he is adicted to the tub. In any case, I could go on about how much better we all feel with the tub but you will find out for yourself!  Bosco reminded me of something when he talked about his headaches. You want to be sure to drink lots of water after you soak for long periods to rehydrate. When we first got the tub, my kids (13 &15) got up before school ~5:30 to go in. Like Bosco, I would be looking for a closet to take a snooze in if I did that.
enjoy enjoy...if you notice that the hot water starts to dry your skin....I always recommend Aveeno lotion (just be sure to wash it off before you get back in) ;D
Boni
Support your dealer so they can support you!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 07:14:44 am »
I very much enjoy morning soaks.  It has the opposite effect of an evening soak.

Sounds like you are definitely enjoying your spa.  Use it as much as you like.  Lower temps allow longer soaks.  Remember to hydrate yourself as you use.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 07:14:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42