What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problem tub or problem HS dealerÉIÕm confused  (Read 10368 times)

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
Re: Problem tub or problem HS dealerÉIÕm confused
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 10:11:01 am »
Just remember that my posts mean even less than Brooke's ;), at this point as my tub hasn't yet even made it into my possession, but that being said, just thought I'd share that my HS dealer said that there would be no trip charges for service calls that are under warranty.  I like the sound of that since he is two hours away from where I live.  Hopefully I won't have to test that statement out any time soon.  And hopefully, by this time tonight, I will have a tub warming up on my patio ;D.
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 10:11:01 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Problem tub or problem HS dealerÄIêm confused
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2006, 10:58:33 am »
I've said it before, we cover a HUGE territory (NE Texas and NW Louisiana). æWe've NEVER charged a trip fee or charged a customer who had a spa under warranty. æOur service department makes a small profit, but we consider it to be part of doing business. æNone of our competitors in our market even have service departments, they subcontract everything. That is one reason why we OWN our market.

HotSpring is very generous in compensating us for warranty work. If other companies fall short of that mark, it's just one more reason why HS has been the #1 selling spa in the world for 20 straight years. If the individual dealers can't make due with what they're being given, then they need to take a look at their overall business plan, in my opinion.

Terminator

Please be careful slamming other dealers.  Cost of doing business is different in different parts of the country.  Quite frankly, as far as I know, Watkins compensation for warranty is the most generous in the industry, and it still falls short of break even.  
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Problem tub or problem HS dealerÄIêm confused
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2006, 11:02:09 am »

Please be careful slamming other dealers.  Cost of doing business is different in different parts of the country.  Quite frankly, as far as I know, Watkins compensation for warranty is the most generous in the industry, and it still falls short of break even.  

Not slamming anyone, my friend.  As I said, it's just my opinion.  I'd be amazed to find a handful of dealers that service as large a territory as we do.  Yet, we don't charge a trip fee.  Why would anyone do so?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chris_H

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2006, 11:55:39 am »
The service end of the business generally is not profitable until the spa is out of warranty.  As I said earlier, I also think it relieves the business from bullshit service calls.  That alone makes it profitable.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Problem tub or problem HS dealer�I�m confu
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2006, 03:53:59 pm »

I didn't get the opinion that Term was slamming others.

I will say that Watkins pays $15 per hour less than I charge for non-warranty work, but I can spend a few moments with the customer on the phone and then tell my service guy exactly what to look at first, and what to take with him. I am right the vast majority of the time - the tubs are easy to troubleshoot and easy to repair. Most Watkins warranty calls last about ten to twenty minutes.

As a result, our service department is profitable, andtends to feed our sales floor.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Problem tub or problem HS dealer�I�m confu
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2006, 03:53:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42