What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caspian vs. Accolade?  (Read 4185 times)

timothy

• you only live once.
Caspian vs. Accolade?
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:48:25 pm »
Help me,
I am about to pull the trigger on a 06 HS Accolade but I also like the TR Caspian. The Silver/grey color combo on the caspian is the best I've ever seen but the accolade has the HS name and better filters.
My priorities in order are:
1. Easy clean water without clorine.
2. 2 powerfull rotary jets on my neck/shoulders.
3. Reliability.
4. seat depth.
5. Looks/water feature.
6. Price.
7. Electric bill.
Can I put tri-x filters on the Caspian and does anyone have experiance with both spas.
Also what is the Difference in MSRP?

Hot Tub Forum

Caspian vs. Accolade?
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:48:25 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Caspian vs. Accolade?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:00:24 pm »
Uh... in reference to #1.  Are you just against dichlor or do you not want to use any sanitizer at all?

timothy

• you only live once.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 01:13:10 pm »
The non clorine shock is fine with me.
Im not sure what diclor is. Sorry.

timothy

• you only live once.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:18:12 pm »
After reading my own post I want to appoligze for asking so many questions.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 01:21:49 pm »
The non clorine shock is fine with me.
Im not sure what diclor is. Sorry.

Dichlor is chlorine
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 01:22:13 pm by jsimo7 »

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 01:28:20 pm »

1.Well, the only truly non-chlorine system is a biguanide (sorry if it is spelled wrong) like BaquaSpa.  You would be able to upgrade the Accolade to that new system that no one is supposed to know about later this year, which is basically BaquaSpa that is automatically adjusted for you.
2.It appears both spas have this item.
3.Both will be reliable.  That wouldn’t be a concern for me.
4.This is personal preference.
5.Well the Accolade has to win this one.  That stream of water is cool.
6.Not really sure, but my guess is that the prices would be comparable.
7.You won’t see a noticeable difference between the electric usage from either units.

You cannot put the Tri-X on the Caspian.

The non-chlorine shock you are saying you will be using will require a chlorine shock weekly.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 01:36:16 pm »
Help me,
I am about to pull the trigger on a 06 HS Accolade but I also like the TR Caspian. The Silver/grey color combo on the caspian is the best I've ever seen but the accolade has the HS name and better filters.
My priorities in order are:
3. Reliability.
4. seat depth.
5. Looks/water feature.
6. Price.
7. Electric bill.
Can I put tri-x filters on the Caspian and does anyone have experiance with both spas.
Also what is the Difference in MSRP?

I own a Caspain, so all these answers are from that angle (As opposed to someone who onws and accolcade).  I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about the tub.

The Caspain comes ozone ready . My dealer installed the HS Freshwater Ozinator on it and it works great. However I also use dichlor and a Renew shock. I don't know of any water care system that works  that  doesnt use a sanitizing agent.  ?  What system are you planning on using?

Regardless, the Caspain  should be compataible with any sanitizing /chemical system you would use with the Accolade.

The Caspain has 2 rotary jets in the upper should area in one seat, and in another seat  has precision jets that get the Shoulders.  I highly recomend a wet test as I belive the big differnce between these tubs is the seating, jets and therapy.   There are no true neck jets on the Caspain. I belive this is also true for the Accolade.

3. Reliability.   I belive they have the same reliability as each are made by Watkins in the same plant. The Accolade has a slighty different heater, and a different filters. I belive the warrenty is the same.

4. seat depth. ' You have to wet test for this.  The Caspain although simillar in overall dimensions, offers seating for 6 (2 scultped seats, and open seating plus cool off seats).  This could be a benifit or a drawback depending on your size and tastes.  The Caspain does offer more options for seating though.

5. Looks/water feature. The Caspain has a back lit waterfall, and one single large light dome (bug zapper blue light, 3 pos dimmer). The Caspain is available in a very sleek looking silver.

6. Price. paid $7000 for 05 Caspain. Includes: cover, lifter , steps, Freshwater III ozinator,  and crane delivery in Central MA.  others in this foroum have reported similliar prices within $500.

7. Electric bill. I don't have kw hours to show you but both tubs are 350 gals, Both are insualted the same.  The Caspain has 2 pumps, while the Accolcade has 1. Each has an additional  24 circ pump.  Last month I estimated my electical costs for the tub were about $25.

I do not belive you can put the trix fileters on the caspain.
We spoke the yesterday in the foroums about the filter size difference.   The Caspain uses a standard cartrdige filter, and with the ozniator I have no problems.  Other than some foam and cloudy water after a large (8 people with bathing suits new years eve).  party. this was cleared up with shock and calirfier.  (would filter type make a differnce on soap and oils, or does it make a difference only on particulate matter?)

Also what is the Difference in MSRP? I Don't know.

Overall, I belive these two tubs to be equal in quality and aparently simliar in price.  

The big difference is the seating and therapy.   A wet test should answer that very quickly on which you prefer.  

The Caspain has 2 pumps (one is 2 speed, the other single). This is for 36 jets, 6 seats, 350 gal water.

Granted, the Caspain is not a top o' the line,  all the bells and whistles, $12000, 10 person  Cadilaic hot tub BUT For the money paid, I am thrilled with the Caspain. It has met or exceeded all my expectations for a $7K tub.

The foot dome is great and the seating offers several options. I highly recomend it and it is worth a wet test.  It's been my experience folks love the seating and footdome and buy the tub, or it dosen't fit them  and wouldn't buy it at any price.

Bottom line. I think you are looking at two very similliar tubs in regards to qualilty, price and relability.  The filter issue, well , all i can say is I don't have a problem with mine.

This really should all come down to a wet test. IMHO.  

« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 01:58:22 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 02:57:42 pm »
MSRP on the 2005 Accolade is around $8600.  On the Caspian, it is around $8200.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

timothy

• you only live once.
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 01:17:04 am »
Thank you drewstar for your help.
I am going to wet test a caspian friday.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 09:19:07 am »
Thank you drewstar for your help.
I am going to wet test a caspian friday.

That's great.   I hope you  find the tub is right for you. I'd be curious what you thought of it.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 04:02:55 pm »
3. Reliability.   I belive they have the same reliability as each are made by Watkins in the same plant. The Accolade has a slighty different heater, and a different filters. I belive the warrenty is the same

The Tiger River spas now have the same titanium heater as the HotSpring. The Accolade 06 model will come with the cd Ozone system, which is now factory installed, this is still an option on the caspian.

Kelly

• Hot Springs Accolade!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 08:26:10 am »
You can't buy the Accolade, if you do I'll no longer be the only person in the US who owns one.  :) I'm pretty sure that the Accolade is Watkins' worst seller.

I can't speak for the Caspian, but I have an '05 Accolade that's been great for the 7 months I've had it. No problems whatsoever. The tri-x filters are a plus for me because I can put them in the dishwasher to clean when I change the water.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 09:46:15 am »
You can't buy the Accolade, if you do I'll no longer be the only person in the US who owns one.  :)

Kelly, I hate to break the news to you, but there are TWO Accolades in happy owners' backyards.  I sold one to a lady in Liberty City, TX a few months ago.  She enjoys hers tremendously.

I've got one out at the boat show that I hope to sell this weekend, so maybe there'll be three by next week.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 08:15:32 pm »
I've sold 6... and they all love em. True it's not for everyone, but it is a great 4 person spa.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 08:15:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42