What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Motor repair?  (Read 2552 times)

Hubjeep

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Motor repair?
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:27:24 am »
The Vita Spa is showing "LS2" on the panel, indicating "Pump1 low speed inoperative"

This caused the pump to run at high speed, so I unpluged it from the panel.

I plan to remove the motor... the spa is about 7 years old, how long do motors usually last? ???  Are they usually repaired?

Thanks,
John  8)

Hot Tub Forum

Motor repair?
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:27:24 am »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Motor repair?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 04:57:25 pm »
It depends on the pump and what is wrong with it.  Some pumps are much cheaper to just fix rather than replace.  Others, it is easier and cheaper to just replace.

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 07:28:05 pm »
  John, check your low speed connections on the pump and plug  before you go to the trouble of pulling the pump.  

Hubjeep

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 03:04:44 pm »
Hmmm, weird...
I pulled the pump and took it to a motor repair shop who bench-tested it for me, the motor was fine; both high and low speeds.  

I re-installed it and it is working as it should.  I wonder what caused "LS2" to display on the panel. ???

I checked the relays on the board and they were all working as they should when the pump button on the panel was selected.

BTW, the knife valve on the intake side was allowing some water to pass through when shut; a rubber #10 pool plug worked great to stop the water while the pump was out.  ;D

Thanks,
John  8)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 03:05:15 pm by Hubjeep »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 03:04:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42