What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anybody heard of LifeSpas or LifeSprings Spas?  (Read 8811 times)

yt

• They are all good if you like 'em! '06 D1 Diplomat
Anybody heard of LifeSpas or LifeSprings Spas?
« on: January 12, 2006, 12:47:36 pm »
I too am in the market for a Hot Tub.  I've never owned one before, but I am getting on in years and the warm water will help my aching bones.  

I've visited many of the local dealers in the area, HotSprings, Coast, and Dimension One.  There is one dealer here in SF BayArea called California Custom Spas, they tout as factory direct, the have outlets in Colorado, aptly named Colorado Custom Spas.  Anyway, they produce a spa called LifeSpas or Lifesprings Spas.   The manufacturer is called Burboa Mfg.

Their prices are very competive.

They incorporate Waterway Jets, Acura spa controls, and use thermoplastic tubs.

The model I was looking at is the LS7000.

I've only found two sites of product reviews, poolandspadotcom and epinionsdotcom and i've only found three reviews.   I'd like more to base my opinion.  I've not wet tested yet, but I plan to do so soon.

Does anybody have any info, good or bad on these units?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 12:53:37 pm by yt »

Hot Tub Forum

Anybody heard of LifeSpas or LifeSprings Spas?
« on: January 12, 2006, 12:47:36 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Anybody heard of LifeSpas or LifeSprings Spas?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 01:06:43 pm »
If you desire to have your spa sold to you.. like you would buy a time share than life springs might be the choice for you....they sell a lot by advertising a very low price in small news papers that appear to be a private party ad......in most cases you have to be willing to sit though a 1 1/2 hour presentation and than it is a very high pressure  "old school" type of close to buy today.....at least this was my experience with when I was looking for my spa.

yt

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 01:14:03 pm »
Hi Mendo, thanks for your reply.  My significant other and I sat thru the sales pitch, :-(  I got blind-sided by it.  Nontheless, their product seems worthy, but I hate the hard sell.  They quoted a price of $5k.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 01:15:48 pm »
I was once in a personal dymamics course called Lifespring.

We never had hot tubs though.

I know.. I'm of no help.

now, back to your topic.....
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 02:29:46 pm »
Hi Mendo, thanks for your reply.  My significant other and I sat thru the sales pitch, :-(  I got blind-sided by it.  Nontheless, their product seems worthy, but I hate the hard sell.  They quoted a price of $5k.

I can only say this...A tech we work with.....does lots of work and has lots of work from them...if that gives you insight into how good they really are...If you have a well thought out 1 1/2 hour presentation you can make a lot of things look and sound good.... ::)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 02:39:24 pm by Mendocino101 »

Anoroc

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 08:42:09 am »
I was once in a personal dymamics course called Lifespring.

We never had hot tubs though.

I know.. I'm of no help.

now, back to your topic.....

Sorry for getting off topic...Drewstar, I took the same course in NY many years ago.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 09:03:32 am »

Sorry for getting off topic...Drewstar, I took the same course in NY many years ago.

Have you been de-programed yet?  ::)

I did it in the early 90's and thought it was great.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 07:20:51 pm »
Does this mean that you bought one?  If so, good luck with your purchase and let us know how it went. If you haven't bought yet, I suggest to keep looking.  Just my two cents.  I'm not a dealer but I've heard a lot of bad things about that brand.  How much did they go up from their original flyer (add) price?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

yt

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 03:02:32 am »
Hi Gombo, thanks for your information.  I haven't  bought yet, I am still searching.  I didn't know about the "bait" sales ad.  We had only picked their name from the phone book and we ended up sitting through an hour long sales pitch.  It turns out that they post an ad for a 7 person Hot Tub for $1750.  When the sales pitch is over it is clear that they shouldn't have any takers for the $1750 hot tub because they have just spent the last hour down talking the features of it.  They want to sell the $5000 tub.

I would be interested in knowing specifics of this manufacturer.  Please inbox me directly if it would allow you to be more candid.

Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 03:02:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42