What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What a difference a day makes  (Read 2020 times)

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
What a difference a day makes
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:26:40 am »
Between a bad cold running through our house, the holidays, and a busy week at work, my tub was not used for about a week.  I leave the bromine floater filled with pucks and shock every Sunday.

Yesterday, I lifted the cover and was shocked at how quickly the water had turned cloudy and the scum had formed around the shell and the filters had turned brown and there was that peanut buttery stuff around the filters.

I was sure I was going to need to drain and refill but I tried a strong shock, washed the filters in the dishwasher while putting in the spare set and running the pumps.  I then added clarifyer, rerinsed the filters and  tried the bromine booster that I hadn't used before.  When i awoke today, the water was clear again.

Not sure what my point is other than to say it's amazing how quickly things can go from good to bad, then back to good.  Is this normal?

Hot Tub Forum

What a difference a day makes
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:26:40 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: What a difference a day makes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 10:01:43 am »
Not sure what caused your situation other than maybe not enough sanitizer.....but since I'm not a bromine guy I can't help.  But isn't it comforting to know how to get it cleaned up properly and quickly?  Sounds like you nailed it....way to go!

Or maybe your tub just got sick from missing you so much!  (You know, there may be a thread of truth to that!)  :D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 06:33:25 pm »
My experience with chlorine is after 2 days my water is in need of at least 6 PPM chlorine to sanitize the tub but if I keep up with the dichlor at 1 day or 1½ days then I can get by with 1½ PPM of chlorine and the water stays crystal clear.

I agree it's amazing what happens in hot water ... things don't seem to happen this quickly in a pool!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 06:33:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42