What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter cleaner?...recommendations?  (Read 2052 times)

sunnydee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Filter cleaner?...recommendations?
« on: January 05, 2006, 06:02:33 pm »
OK, so I went and ordered Sea-Klear clarifier based on recommendations. I've only been "hosing off" my filters(I'm still new at this). Can anyone recommend a filter cleaner that won't add to my cloudy/occasional foam problem? Thanks. :)

Hot Tub Forum

Filter cleaner?...recommendations?
« on: January 05, 2006, 06:02:33 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Filter cleaner?...recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 06:03:37 pm »
I've had very good luck with the Filter Cleaner and Degreaser from BioGuard.  It's in a gray bottle and has purple liquid in it.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 06:31:21 pm »
I just used that to clean my filters also. My dealer said to just be real sure you rinse well. The filters look great, just like new. I didn't wash them with the hose, I did them with a handheld shower in the house and used hot water. I don't know if that makes a difference.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 08:56:43 am »
I use Leisure times filter clean product  and have  had decent luck with it.

I have an extra filter and when it comes time to clean the filter, I swap in the clean one and  soak the dirty filter in a
5 gallon bucket that I add the filter clean and water to, and let the filter soak for 24 hrs. It comes out clean as a whistle. I snap a cover on the bucket and save the cleaner solution for next time (it can be resues about 3 times or so).

I rinse the filter excessivley with a hand held shower sprayer, making sure to get in between all the pleats.

The cleaner is very caustic. When I first used it I mixed too much of it, and had my hands in the solution agitating it.  within an hour  the skin on hands was peeling off.  I wear gloves now when handling that stuff and make sure I add only the appropriate amount.

Nasty stuff, but works well.

I have also used a purple  spray on cleaner (spray it directly on the filter and let is stand for a few minutes and rinse). It worked ok, but I prefer soaking the filter overnight in a solution. It's easier and comes out cleaner, imho.

:D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 08:57:36 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 08:56:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42