What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Delivery Prep  (Read 2128 times)

paul

• New Optima Owner
Spa Delivery Prep
« on: December 31, 2005, 12:24:08 pm »
I am having a Sundance Optima delivered next week.  It will be on a pad.  Does anyone have any advice on delivery prep?  

Should I have an electrician already run power by the time the spa has arrived?

How much should it cost per foot to run a line to the spa?  What else will the electrician charge me for?

Any other prep advice?
???

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Delivery Prep
« on: December 31, 2005, 12:24:08 pm »

socal

• so it begins
Re: Spa Delivery Prep
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 12:38:27 pm »
paul,
congrats on the tub.
approx cost per foot is aroud $6.50-7. if the run is over 100 feet, it would require an upsizing of the wire, that would be about $1 more/ft.
anouther charge would be for a disconnect. you can get 1 at lowes/home depot.

"Should I have an electrician already run power by the time the spa has arrived"
you could, but see how fast the electrician can get back out to do the hook up if you did it that way. also, if there is alot of trenching involved, it might not be a bad idea. however, if there is minimal/no trenching, it wont be a big deal. you could always ask the electrician what he thinks would be the best route for your hook up.
only other advice would be to have the tub filled by the time the electrician is done with the install. that way you can fire that bad boy up right away so IF there is a problem, the electrician is there and can trouble shoot if needed.
happy soaking

socal
Marquis dealer

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 12:39:28 pm »
We really don't know what geograpical zone you are in to really give you good advice.  Your dealer would be the best source of information on this subject.  I believe your electrician is going to quote the job at the prevailing rate per hour to estimate time and materials.  The cost of a 50 amp GFCI, or 60 amp GFCI will also differ.

Cost per foot?  How many wires are you going to have him run, for what distance?  Where is he planning to put the GFCI?

I would have the electrician there after the spa has been delivered.  If he comes before, he may well charge you for 2 trips to get the job done, maybe not, but it will make a difference that he will "cost" into the job when estimating.

Didn't your dealer give you any help in this area?

paul

• New Optima Owner
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:45:42 pm »
thanks for the quick responses.  I obviously need more info from the dealer.  i haven't spoken to them about this b/c i orogianlly was going to have a spascape put in and the contractor was going to handle all of the electrical work.  now that my plans have changed, i need more info.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:45:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42