What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter Rotation Question  (Read 2379 times)

Anoroc

Filter Rotation Question
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:53:10 am »
I have read of several posters talking about rotating filters and even cleaning their filter in the dishwasher.

My HS Jetsetter has three filters(i think the number is 38419).  I appears that one is a main filter and the other two are kind of like backup filter.  

If I want to use the rotation method do I need to purchase another filter or do I just rotate one of the three out and clean.  This would mean that while one filter is being cleaned the spa would have only two filters in it.

Also, how do you clean in a dishwasher?

Let me know if you have questions as I am not the wordsmith like some on this post(Term.)

Rick

Hot Tub Forum

Filter Rotation Question
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:53:10 am »

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
Re: Filter Rotation Question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 12:00:54 pm »
I do reccommend rotating your filters weekly. The filter underneath the grey cap is used for your circulation pump. So, that one is used 24/7. If you are using Tri-X filters, the dishwasher method is fine. The standard paper cartridges i would suggest soaking in a filter cleaner over night and thoroughly rinsing out the next day.

Anoroc

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 12:07:36 pm »
Grahmtasia-  Can I give one filter a good cleaning one a month by soaking ovenight and only leaving two filters in the spa.  

I guess my question is do I need to have three filters in the spa at all times or can I rotate one out to clean overnight.

Also, if my filter is a tri-x(I don't know that it is yet) do I just stick in the dishwasher with regular dishwasher soap?

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 12:21:13 pm »
You must have all 3 filters installed when the spa is in use.  If the jets are off only the one under the gray cap is being used.  You can clean the other 2 and then rotate so you can clean the 3rd.  

The other option is to turn the main power off to the spa and do all 3 at once.  With my HS Envoy I have 5 tri-X filters.  I turn the spa off and either rinse with a hose or dishwasher the filters all at once.

Only Tri-X filters shouyld be put in a dishwasher.

Never use soap in the dishwasher.  Just run it without soap.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 12:22:19 pm by tonyp »

Anoroc

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 12:26:52 pm »
Thanks TonyP.  That clarifies some things for me.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 01:31:48 pm »
...Never use soap in the dishwasher.  Just run it without soap.

...and, if your dishwasher has this feature, turn off Heated Dry. For instance, my dishwasher has two buttons; Heated Dry, which uses heat to dry the dishes and another called Energy Saver which I interpret to mean it doesn't use heat to dry. Drying filters with excessive heat would not do them any good!
I found two hairline cracks on the top of each of the filters the first time I used the dishwasher to clean them with Heated Dry. The other pair of filters were cleaned using the Energy Saver and no cracks have appeared on them. The voice of experience speaks! :P

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 06:49:48 pm »
Anoroc,

When I refer to "rotating" my filters (5) on my Vanguard, I take the filter from the circ pump and clean it, (be sure and turn the tub off while you do this) and then move it to the next spot, I clean that filter and I rotate them in this manner.  That way I don't always have the same filter on the 24 hr circ pump & therefore wear it out quicker than the rest!

Hope that helps!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Anoroc

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 09:47:03 am »
Thanks Lori-  This helps

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 09:47:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42