What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: foam/filter cleaner  (Read 2323 times)

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
foam/filter cleaner
« on: December 22, 2005, 11:31:50 am »
The advice on given on this board is to rinse your filters a coupleof days after using any "foam away" products.  My question is do you just use water or some filter cleaner.  If a cleaner, which one and can it be used with Sundance's microban filter (the one that the manual states to not rinse - replace)?

r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

foam/filter cleaner
« on: December 22, 2005, 11:31:50 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: foam/filter cleaner
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 11:40:28 am »
The advice on given on this board is to rinse your filters a coupleof days after using any "foam away" products.  My question is do you just use water or some filter cleaner.  If a cleaner, which one and can it be used with Sundance's microban filter (the one that the manual states to not rinse - replace)?

r100rs

It's my understanding that the term "rinse"means to wash/flush with clean water only"

"Clean the filter" or "Wash the filter" indicates to use a cleaning product.

At least that's how I use the terms.
07 Caldera Geneva

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 12:29:09 pm »

Just a warning...I've changed the water once in my Optima, and at that time thought I would just rinse out the disposable filter a little, since I am hoping to get at least 8 months out of it.

Well, it looked as if it started to come apart by the water pressure, so I stopped.

I would suggest you get one of the $60 washable filters that can take the place of the throwaway, just for the time period you want to flush out the foam away stuff.

I have one as a spare, just in case my dealer doesn't have the disposable filter in stock when I will need it, or if something major happens were I need to do multiple rinses.

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 02:53:50 pm »
You can't clean a SD Microclean filter, just replace. The filters are depth loading so the "dirt" can't be rinsed away like on a traditional paper filter(which are surface loading)
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 02:53:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42