What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ozonator  (Read 3068 times)

cc322

ozonator
« on: December 18, 2005, 06:53:46 pm »
I have a new J365 which I love, my question is it came with the Ozone gas system and I get a very low hum from my tub, is this normal?, When I lower the temp the Ozone shuts off and the hum goes away. While the Ozone seems to run all the time the hum is also there, is this burning my electricty?

Hot Tub Forum

ozonator
« on: December 18, 2005, 06:53:46 pm »

Snowbird

• What did he say?
Re: ozonator
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 07:47:51 pm »
As I understand my 385, there is a small low voltage circulation pump that pushes water through the ozonator.  You should see a stream of bubbles coming from an outlet near the bottom of the tub.  Supposedly this thing uses less electric than a 100w bulb.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

cc322

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 09:41:55 pm »
Yes I do see the bubbles I was just curious as to the low hum all the time running up the elect bill. Does yours make the same low hum?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 09:42:40 pm by cc322 »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 10:50:07 pm »
The low hum is probably the circulation pump and not the ozonator. The ozonator comes on with the circulation pump, but nothing to do with the heater. A UV ozonator does have a Ballast(Transformer) and on some rare occasions can make a hum, but not too likely. The constant sound or low hum, is what you would expect to hear from a circulation pump. It should not be keeping you at night, but it can be heard. Dave.

cc322

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 11:12:14 pm »
The low hum is probably the circulation pump and not the ozonator. The ozonator comes on with the circulation pump, but nothing to do with the heater. A UV ozonator does have a Ballast(Transformer) and on some rare occasions can make a hum, but not too likely. The constant sound or low hum, is what you would expect to hear from a circulation pump. It should not be keeping you at night, but it can be heard. Dave.

No it dosent keep me up at night it is a very low hum. Is it normal for the circ pump to be running all the time? at least it seems like it runs all the time. Also I noticed when I turned down the heat setting from 98 to 95 the hum and the bubbles shut off from the ozonator.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 11:47:37 pm »
Yes the circulation pump runs 24 hours a day unless the tub is over temp, then it shuts off.

I can't say that I have noticed a hum from my J-345, but the behavior you describe sounds normal.

Steve.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 11:47:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42