What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Month's Electric Bill  (Read 9787 times)

c00ter

Re: First Month's Electric Bill
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 03:09:24 am »
I received my first full months power bill for our Maxxus... It was $180.00  :'( ....  A big jump, +$80.00,  from the same month last year.  It's hard for me to determine if it was the tub that caused the high increase or what....  I'll just have to wait and see what the next few months will be.  I know this months bill will be even higher cause of all the Xmas lights I have put up...    

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 03:09:24 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 03:12:53 pm »
I'd give it several months to see.  Your first water fill had to heat up 600 gallons of water, or however much your Maxxus holds, so you heater was probably running constantly for many hours.  Plus it's pretty normal to use the tub a lot in the first few weeks you own it, and you'll probably be lifting the cover more than usual until you get the hang of water maintenance.
And christmas lights can certainly impact the bill.
Brewman

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2005, 03:04:30 pm »
Last month was my first real indication on the cost to run the Hot Tub.  We did not use heat or air conditioning.  My Beachcomber has a 24 circulation pump and I use the tub about 5 times a week, for about 20 to 30 minutes each soak.  Our electric is 13 cents a kwh on peak and 4.5 cents a kwh off peak, the rates have not gone up versus last year.  Most soaking is done off peak. Anyway my bill went up $15.51 over last year.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 03:07:09 pm by marks »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 10:08:20 pm »
Marks, are you saying your electric company charges you different rates depending on the time of use?  My electric company charges about $.12 per Kwh for the first 350 Kwh's regardless of the time.  Anything over baseline is penalized to about $.15.  In the end, it costs me about $.15 per Kwh to run the spa.  It's definitely worth it but I pay about 4 times what you do for the same service.

Last month was my first real indication on the cost to run the Hot Tub. ?We did not use heat or air conditioning. ?My Beachcomber has a 24 circulation pump and I use the tub about 5 times a week, for about 20 to 30 minutes each soak. ?Our electric is 13 cents a kwh on peak and 4.5 cents a kwh off peak, the rates have not gone up versus last year. ?Most soaking is done off peak. Anyway my bill went up $15.51 over last year.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2005, 11:19:16 pm »
Gomboman,

Yes, they do charge a different rate depending on the time of day.  It is a special program that you must sign up for.  I have saved about 20% per month on it, but you need to be careful when you do things like wash.  Check it out:

http://www.tep.com/Customersvc/PaymentOptions/TimeofUse.asp
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 11:21:02 pm by marks »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2005, 11:19:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42