What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting the neck in the Envoy  (Read 3471 times)

Brookenstein

Getting the neck in the Envoy
« on: December 07, 2005, 12:45:36 pm »
Some how my husband hurt his neck while in the hot tub last night.  It may have been while getting in, I can't remember, but he has hurt himself bad, real bad.  He can not turn his head, and had to stay home from work today.  He refuses to go to the dr/chiro or even get in the hot tub right now.  He can't move at all hardly.  He's too hurt to even play poker.  That is saying a lot.

Anyway... the Envoy is awesome at getting your back, your legs, what have you, but we had noticed that it is somewhat lacking in the neck area.  I'm hoping those with experience in this spa know tricks that we haven't yet figured out that will help him get the neck.

Hot Tub Forum

Getting the neck in the Envoy
« on: December 07, 2005, 12:45:36 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Getting the neck in the Envoy
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 12:50:20 pm »
The Envoy doesn't have any specific/dedicated neck jets, do they? (some tubs appear to have a collar of sorts).

Perhaps while wriggling around, and streatching out, craning his neck he twisted it?  It could be non hot tub related, but stress (I have had stress levels high enough where my neck and back go out). ?

Anyhow,  have him scooch down in the seat and give him a snorkel.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 12:57:47 pm »
There are neck jets on the lounger although they don't show up in the picture since they are hidden by the pillow.  They are controled by the knob closed to the corner if I remember right.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 01:00:54 pm »
There are neck jets on the lounger although they don't show up in the picture since they are hidden by the pillow.  They are controled by the knob closed to the corner if I remember right.

Hmmmm....Could you change these neck jets out for a different style of jet? (say for instane a rotating one  or ones with better angle adjustment to  pinpoint the neck, or ones with higher/lower pressure?)
07 Caldera Geneva

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 01:03:33 pm »
He used the lounger last night but they aren't real powerul jets as they are the real small ones.

I think the snorkel idea might be his best option if I can get his booty off the couch.

I just know somehow this is going to be my fault since I'm the one who wanted a hot tub.   :-[

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 01:20:41 pm »
Hi Brook  Sorry to hear about your hubby!! If you change the jets from the bottom of the corner seat (they are the spinner jets) to the top jets at the seat beside the therepy chair he will be able to slide down and get a great neck massage there with the spinner jets. I bought two spinner jets for that seat and leave them in all the time. Also if you move the dirveter valves you can get a lot of pressure from the 4 jets above the moto. Good luck hope he feels better.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 01:22:47 pm by jsimo7 »

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 01:22:31 pm »
How do you change out the jets?  Can you do it with water in it?  Thanks for the input.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 01:24:36 pm »
yes... you have to get in the tub, and just pull them they will pop right out and then line up the tabs and they push right back in

Anoroc

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 03:32:25 pm »
If his neck is bothering him quite a bit I would suggest you start by placing an ice pack on it in order to reduce inflamation first before he ever enters the spa.  The spa will increase blood flow and it will feel good but for a faster recovery you want to eliminate the swelling first.

This is my personal and non-professional opinion.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 03:56:25 pm »
Brook,

I don't even bother with the spinner jets, but just slide down in the seat between the two corner seats and get a great neck message.  jsimo7 is right about using that seat and it works either way.

BTW, how did he fall on his head just getting into and using the spa?  I hope he gets better quickly.  

Regards,

Bill

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 12:40:29 am »
Brook, take it easy on the poor man. ;)  Just kidding.

If you turn off the moto and blast the neck jets at full power there is quite a bit of pressure.  If you slide down the lounger you can massage the neck pretty good.  Otherwise, he should see a doctor if it isn't better by tomorrow.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 01:34:58 pm »
I agree with Bill.  There are no real neck jets, unless your Frankenstein with a neck a foot wide and around your shoulders.  Spas are meant to be utilized differently. I try the Bill solution.

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 01:45:03 pm »
I personally think the jets at the top of the lounger work great for the neck. If you have them all facing straight it would be hard to get a good massage. The jets are directional though and you can point the toward the neck. Just turn the diverter all towards that position and open the valve to your left side (sitting in the lounger) all the way and it should do ok. Also you can put the same jets that are used for the wrist jets in the corner seat in where the neck jets are.

autoplay

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 04:42:40 pm »
Brooke....you can do 1 of two things.......1)- massage your hubby's neck/head for as long as it takes for him to achieve maximum pleasure. 2)- You can sue Hot-Springs,and as it will cost a ton of lawyer fees for Hot-Springs,they are likely to settle out of court/grin.

You decide Brooke,I personally am in favor of choice #1

autoplay

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 04:46:19 pm »
Oh Ehizzle....I did what you described as far as the Euro-pulse jets.  I switched out like 20+ reg jets with the spinners.  It's night and day,my opinion.

I didn't prefer them in the lounger,on the neck,as for me,it tickled lol.  Love em in the lounger,where the 4 jets for each foot are placed. Almost better than a foot massage from my wife/grin.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 04:46:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42