What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LOOKS LIKE A SLOW LEAK  (Read 2104 times)

riddler

LOOKS LIKE A SLOW LEAK
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:07:10 pm »
I noticed a very slow leak coming from my drain valve. I just did a water change and it seems that  there is a little bit of water coming out of the valve. I have tried tightening the cap but it seems that it might not be coming from the threaded cap. I noticed that the water that is leaking  out is freezing around the valve.  Any ideas ! I have had this happen before but when I tinker around with the valve it usually stops. I am afraid that it is going to back up into the tub itself and cause problems from freezing up inside. Is this something that I should be concerned with , or just let it be . It is a very , very slow leak.  I have a Caldera  Spa. Thanks !

Hot Tub Forum

LOOKS LIKE A SLOW LEAK
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:07:10 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: LOOKS LIKE A SLOW LEAK
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:38:26 am »
If that is the type that telescopes out and has an o-ring seal often after you fill pressure in the line won't let it seal. In this case, I've found that turning the pump on creates a suction to pull the valve to a seal. Otherwise, call your dealer but I doubt you'll have a freeze issue.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 12:40:08 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: LOOKS LIKE A SLOW LEAK
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:38:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42