What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vanguard or Sundance Optima?  (Read 3491 times)

puma

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HS Vanguard or Sundance Optima?
« on: November 27, 2005, 07:04:09 pm »
We are looking at these two models for purchase I was wondering if anyone can help us make the decision.  My questions are:
Is it true you have to clean the HS filter every month in a dishwasher? (we don't have one) so that is somewhat of a factor.

Does the Vanguard spaudio system connect to the ipod?  (we were told it did)

Is the warranty on HS 7 years and the Sundance 10? I keep reading the HS warranty is better but was told this at the Sundance store.

Anything else that you think would be helpful would be greatly appreciated.  We were really impressed with both spas, but really need to make a decision.  Many thanks for your input. David

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vanguard or Sundance Optima?
« on: November 27, 2005, 07:04:09 pm »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
Re: HS Vanguard or Sundance Optima?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 07:39:40 pm »
You can wash the Tri-X in a dishwasher but you don't have to.

I don't have it but I believe that the SpaAudio connects to any audio device with a headphone jack.

puma

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 07:44:43 pm »
Thanks for the response Tonyp.  Can you wash it by hand then?  Or do you replace it?

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 08:07:41 pm »
  Puma. I happened to buy a Sundance, the Majesta. Both companies make great tubs. I didn't see you mention wet testing. That's the key ingredient to me... how do they feel. If you really think they're the same, then since they're both good manufacturers, I'd fall back on how you feel with the dealer. If you really like one a lot better or feel more comfortable or trsut one over the other, then go with them. Cost to heat and run, chemicals, filters etc. over the space of a few years and warranties are probably close with either, I'm not sure because in my case the decision was easy after the first two criteria.

Enjoy testing them.   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 06:09:07 am »
Thanks for the response Tonyp.  Can you wash it by hand then?  Or do you replace it?

You can spray on filter cleaner or soak them in it instead of the dishwasher.  I do that when I change the water.  Monthly I just rinse them with a hose.

Debra

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 08:07:04 am »
I agree with Paul.  For us it came down to the wet test.  We were deciding between the same two as you and went with the Optima only because the moto-massage wasn't comfortable for us.  So try it out and I'm sure you'll be happy with either tub.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 09:10:51 am »
Qualitywise you won't go wrong with Sundance, and what's been posted here says the same about Hot Springs.  Comes down to dealer- either one give you a better vibe than the other?  Price- Is one significantly more expensive?  And as others have said, which one fits you better?
Brewman

hymbaw

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 11:20:20 am »
Definately wet test!

HOw many people do you envision using it? For tubs that are close in size (Vanguard 7'3"x7'3", Optima 7'5"x7'5") the Optima will fit more people. Both great tubs, can't go wrong.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 02:06:20 pm »
We are looking at these two models for purchase I was wondering if anyone can help us make the decision.  My questions are:
Is it true you have to clean the HS filter every month in a dishwasher? (we don't have one) so that is somewhat of a factor.

Does the Vanguard spaudio system connect to the ipod?  (we were told it did)

Is the warranty on HS 7 years and the Sundance 10? I keep reading the HS warranty is better but was told this at the Sundance store.

Anything else that you think would be helpful would be greatly appreciated.  We were really impressed with both spas, but really need to make a decision.  Many thanks for your input. David

1. You can clean the HS filters like any other filter, once a month is normal.
2. Yes
3.Both spas have a 5 year parts & labor warranty, the sales man is refering to the shell warranty, bit of salesman ship there.
Both are good spas, I sell Hotspring and the Vanguard is a very popular spa, even more so since they put in the new double moto massage and extra pump. You will be happy with either so let the wet test decide.

puma

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 11:20:01 pm »
Thank you everyone for all of the good advice and the answers to all of my questions.  We are going to look at them again this weekend and hopefully make a decision.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 11:20:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42