What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cover lifter for partial sunken spa  (Read 3519 times)

KennyG

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
cover lifter for partial sunken spa
« on: November 25, 2005, 12:09:03 pm »
Hello Everyone

It's been awhile since I posted since everything has been fine with our two year old Marquis Euphoria. But the wife now insist on getting a cover lifter. I've looked at a few topics covering lifters but the way ours is I'm sure there's limitations.

We have it inserted in a "U" section of the deck. The front is fully exposed to access the pumps/heater. From the top of the spa cabinet to the deck is 22". I have a 3" gap on all three sides.

If possible I'd rather have something mount to the deck versus the cabinet but I can go either way. Something with a strut or shock type would be helpful to. For now we just pull it off and lean it against the building near the closed end. One question about the upright ones is how close they are where you sit in the corners? It looks like your head is resting right on it?

For cabinet mounting I'm looking at  the Cover Valet ,Ideal Cover Lift, and Cover Genie. I like the way the Covermate 1 mounts lower than the others and doesn't stick up as high. Any suggestions and reviews from owners of these are helpful.

Kenny J.

Hot Tub Forum

cover lifter for partial sunken spa
« on: November 25, 2005, 12:09:03 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: cover lifter for partial sunken spa
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 12:52:24 pm »
A Cover-up could be mounted to the deck;

It might look a little odd though, as the lifter will have to protrude out from the spa far enough to hit the deck (3" away from the spa).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Joyful_Spirit

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:17:09 pm »
You might like some of the leisure concepts lifts
maybe the covermate 3
http://www.leisureconcepts.com/cmIII.html

I'd put a picture if I knew how

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:17:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42