What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: SD Max composite cabinet  (Read 1933 times)

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
SD Max composite cabinet
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:46:23 pm »
(Thought I posted this, but appears not...)

We had our ozonator replaced (finally) and the tech mentioned that the composite cabinet should be treated with car wax or the like, since it faced south-ish.

Not heard that here, so wondered what the consensus was... Wax? Nothing?  What?

Thanks!

--
Lee

Hot Tub Forum

SD Max composite cabinet
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:46:23 pm »

J._McD

Re: SD Max composite cabinet
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:13:23 pm »
DO NOTHING, Sundance says it is a "maintenence free" cabinet.  Use something on it and if something happens to it, it could be said it is because you used the "wrong" stuff on it.  Refer to your owners manual where it will remain silent on this issue, which is what the manufacturer seems to be saying, "do nothing".

But then of course, you can follow the technicians advice but see if he will give it to you in writing in case you run into a problem in the next two years.

The cabinet is very durable and you should not concern yourself with this issue of concern.

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 09:29:15 pm »
Heh. Thanks much for the comments. I *thought* that nothing was the way to go, but you never know what the techs have learned over the years.

Yeah, at least if I use nothing and something happens, I can complain to SD!  :)
--
Lee

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 09:29:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42