What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: question on posting  (Read 4332 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
question on posting
« on: November 08, 2005, 08:04:22 pm »
These pics that you all post from time to time, how do you do it.  I have found some good stuff on the net and would like to share it but I dont know how.

Do I have to save it to my image shack and then link and post or can i just link it from the page it is on????

Hot Tub Forum

question on posting
« on: November 08, 2005, 08:04:22 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: question on posting
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 08:14:50 pm »
I just copy the tag that starts with img from photobucket or tinypic and it works...  not sure if that helps or not.  Occasionally I have found pics on other sites and have been able to direct link and other times not, and I end up saving to my hard drive then uploading to one of the other places and then it works..

I always preview first to see if it works.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 10:35:37 pm »
You can link it from the page its on, a few websites prevent that though.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 10:55:45 pm »
Careful! Linking to a picture from another web may very well be illegal. The picture may be, or probably IS copyrighted by either the web site it's on, or by the owner. Linking to a picture on another web site can also be considered bandwidth theft.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 11:08:19 pm »
Careful! Linking to a picture from another web may very well be illegal. The picture may be, or probably IS copyrighted by either the web site it's on, or by the owner. Linking to a picture on another web site can also be considered bandwidth theft.

My "Superman" (errr, "SpatechMan") logo pic under my name is a link from another site. Don't turn me in!
To link a pic from another site (which I don't necessrily condone) put your cursor over the picture, right click, choose properties, copy the address you see, paste it here using the URL function and you're all set.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 02:09:58 am »
tsk tsk tsk....... we'll talk next week, I'm sure

#1348, just across the aisle from Coleman.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 08:58:55 am »
bosco0633,
I'm not sure if any of the previous replies answer your specific question. Yes, it's important to not use copyrighted material. That being said, posting pictures works like this: begin by typing two brackets [ ] with the word IMG in between them (no spaces). Then its followed by the link to the picture: http://www.mydomain.com/whatsit.jpg. Then its immediately followed by two brackets [ ] with the phrase /IMG in between the brackets (no spaces).

Below is the formatting instructions needed to place a picture already on the web into a post of your own (in order for this to appear in my post, I had to add a space after both left brackets ([ ), otherwise, it would have been recognized as a formatting instruction by this web site)
    [ img]http://phil.dixon.net/images/tuna-phil.jpg[ /img]

Now here is the same sample with all spaces removed (it has to be one, continuous line with no spaces):

But if you really want to see how ANY special formatting is done, [size=16]REMEMBER THIS: click the Quote option to the right of the post.[/i][/size][/color] Clicking Quote shows you the special formatting codes used in the posting such as BOLD, Italics, the Smileys: :), ::), [size=18]large font[/size], [size=10]small font[/size], hyperlinks to other sites, etc.  You're not using it to quote their reply, just to see how they made their special formatting.

Again, If you want to know how somebody used special formatting in their post
[size=18]USE THE QUOTE LINK!! [/b][/i][/size][/color]
Phil

P. S. Gee, that was fun. Now quote my post to see how I did it.

P.P.S. Thanks to windsurfdog who showed me how to use quote.
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 09:47:12 am »
Also if you don't want to type the [img stuff yourself, there is an icon above the smileys... it is the one above angry smiley  >:( , that get this, looks like a picture  :D  .  When you click it, you get this: (w/o spaces) [ img ] URL [ /img ] erase URL and copy and paste your addy there.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:48:33 am by Brookenstein »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 10:52:10 am »
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 10:52:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42