What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Flow switch  (Read 3691 times)

mika_molli

• NEW 2 TUBS
Flow switch
« on: November 02, 2005, 09:51:28 am »
I am new to tubbing and just purchased a Cal Spa PS-5, 1996 model.  It has a flow switch just before the heater but there is no receptacle on the contol pack to plug into.  There is a receptacle for the ozonator and the main pump but that is all.  Could the switch have been plumbed in but not used?  What if I install the tub without this?  I puchased the manual for the tub but it doesn't have any information.  Does anyone have any ideas???  I am totally stumped.

K

Hot Tub Forum

Flow switch
« on: November 02, 2005, 09:51:28 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Flow switch
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:05:56 am »
The pressure switch will not have a receptacle on the outside of the spa pak.

I am not intimately familiar with your product, but I would bet you have J&J plugs for you pump(s), ozonator, light (s), blower etc. You will also notice that the heater is not "plugged-in" the same way.

I would bet your pressure switch connects directly onto your lower board rather than plug-in.

If you are lucky, there will be a schematic on the back of the door to the spa pak. This may indicate where the pressure switch attaches to the board. If not, call a the manufacturer or a local technician. You need this switch plugged in and functional.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 10:06:21 am by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

mika_molli

• NEW 2 TUBS
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:18:53 am »
Yes I do have J&J plugs for the ozonator and main pump and the flow switch as well.  This is what is baffling me, the main pump and ozonator both plug into the contol unit but I can't find a 3rd receptacle for the flow switch to plug into.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 02:03:31 pm »
Took me a while to remember, but I think the flow switch plugs into the heater (the metal tube)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

mika_molli

• NEW 2 TUBS
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 02:10:42 pm »
I didn't see anything there but I will check again tonite.

Thanks

mika_molli

• NEW 2 TUBS
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 05:52:59 pm »
I finally got a hold of Cal Spas re the flow switch and they said I didn't need it.  They were plumbed in and used with the blowers somehow if you had one which mine doesn't.  Does this make sense to anyone???

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 06:07:45 pm »
I finally got a hold of Cal Spas re the flow switch and they said I didn't need it.  They were plumbed in and used with the blowers somehow if you had one which mine doesn't.  Does this make sense to anyone???

Not really but with more info it night. Send a PM to Spaman, maybe he can help make sense of it. He can translate from Cal Spaian to English.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 06:07:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42