What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot springs, Envoy please help  (Read 6325 times)

4chevys4me

Hot springs, Envoy please help
« on: September 19, 2010, 02:36:00 pm »
Went to start up the hot tub yesterday and found that the two lights were flashing. The heater on and ready lights. Looked it up in the book and went through the procedure and still nothing. I'm thinking it's the circulating pump, but not sure enough to just go buy one. There is a drain in the bottom that usually bubbles all the time, this is not working now. I thought low flow so I removed the filters and still the same problem. I disconected the lines and flushed them for 10 minutes with the hose in the oposite direction just in case there was a clog, but everything flowed freely. Any suggestions before I get ripped off from the spa place?
Thank you in advance
Paul P.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot springs, Envoy please help
« on: September 19, 2010, 02:36:00 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot springs, Envoy please help
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:02:18 am »
Went to start up the hot tub yesterday and found that the two lights were flashing. The heater on and ready lights. Looked it up in the book and went through the procedure and still nothing. I'm thinking it's the circulating pump, but not sure enough to just go buy one. There is a drain in the bottom that usually bubbles all the time, this is not working now. I thought low flow so I removed the filters and still the same problem. I disconected the lines and flushed them for 10 minutes with the hose in the oposite direction just in case there was a clog, but everything flowed freely. Any suggestions before I get ripped off from the spa place?
Thank you in advance
Paul P.

Make sure both breakers are on and either way reset them.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

4chevys4me

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:34:10 pm »
Tried that, no luck.  Any thing else I can try?

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 10:09:13 pm »
I'm not a tech so I really can't help you on that, but how old is your spa?  Why do you think you'll get ripped off by your dealer?  Might it still be under your five year warranty?
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 04:57:06 pm »
Good response (above) !!

The two lights flashing generally means you have a bad circ pump. But - sometimes powering it down overnight (let's the circ pump cool down) and then power up in the morning will get it going again - for a short time.

Also - it can be nothing more than an airlock in the circ pump. If all else fails, get down there in the motor compartment and look at the vinyl tubing coming and going from the circ pump or heater. If you can see any bubbles, it is not moving water, and may be airlocked. You can flush it out by putting a garden hose into the hollow filter standpipe (usually the gray one, all the rest are white) and turning the water on full blast.

HTH
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

4chevys4me

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 05:02:54 pm »
2 months over the 5 year warranty ??? ???  just my luck, called and they will not honor it.  Emptied all the water, backflushed everything just in case there was something stuck.  Filled through the grey filter inlet  have let it be and tried again to no avail.  NO bubbled rising from the floor drain.  I have reset it many times.  I can get the recirculating pump for about $75 on line, but not knowing is keeping me from just buying one to try.  Also I have all the filters out just in case that has something to do with it and still nothing.  Am I missing something simple?  H E L P
Thank you for all the support so far
Paul P.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 06:32:43 pm »
2 months over the 5 year warranty ??? ???  just my luck, called and they will not honor it.  Emptied all the water, backflushed everything just in case there was something stuck.  Filled through the grey filter inlet  have let it be and tried again to no avail.  NO bubbled rising from the floor drain.  I have reset it many times.  I can get the recirculating pump for about $75 on line, but not knowing is keeping me from just buying one to try.  Also I have all the filters out just in case that has something to do with it and still nothing.  Am I missing something simple?  H E L P
Thank you for all the support so far
Paul P.

I'd feel pretty confortable that its the circ pump at this point and $75 is very cheap for that part. Take the leap.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 06:32:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42