What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub Temp  (Read 3848 times)

baneybigd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Tub Temp
« on: October 10, 2005, 04:01:02 pm »
I have a new Sundance Marin model, and cant get the temp above 104 degrees, is there any way to by pass this bath water? ???  ; :I would love 107 degrees

Hot Tub Forum

Tub Temp
« on: October 10, 2005, 04:01:02 pm »

hymbaw

Re: Tub Temp
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 04:14:20 pm »
NO  The Consumer Product Safety Division reccomends a max temp of 104 so most manufacturers limit the tubs to that temp. That being said, if you have the tub up to 104 then run the pumps with the cover on you may be able to cheat by a couple of degrees.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »
Yes, there is a way to do it.  No, I will not tell you how.  Ask your dealer  if they will help you out.  Pleae do not be surprised if they are unwilling as it is a liability issue.

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:16:21 pm »
Make sure to get out before you close the cover.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 11:35:16 pm »
Sergicalstrike is right. Most resposible dealers would never consider telling a consumer how to increase the temperature or offer to modify the spa settings. If so, the dealer would be responsible for possible death and would lose a lawsuit in a court of law, even with a signed waiver. The dealer knows better. Period. A  recent article from an industry magazine, stated that U.L. is in the process of implenenting new stricter standards, to assure that no tub should fluctuate from the 104 degree standard. This could mean some type of 104 safety sensor could be required for the future. At 104 degrees, I can only take about 12 minutes in the spa, before feeling like I'm going to faint. At 100 degrees, I can sit through an entire first half of a Football game. I can not imagine what 107 would feel like. Enjoy the hot water, just not too hot. Dave.

tansu

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 07:58:58 am »
Do not pay attention to the wimps. It is as easy as changing the jumper.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 03:47:19 pm »
Do not pay attention to the wimps. It is as easy as changing the jumper.

Now there's some great advice.....

Hey, tansu, how 'bout giving exact details of this "easy" jumper change along with a contract stating you will be personally liable for any heat induced medical ailments that baney or his/her guests may experience?  Or are you a wimp?
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 04:47:18 pm »
Unless you want broiled kabobs, I wouldnt go beyone 104.

SemperFi
Dick

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 05:31:29 pm »
104 is plenty Hot for most people, You may want to try a drop in thermometer to make sure you are up to 104 I hear Sun dance can not be trusted with their temp settings ....I AM KIDDING.... ;)..But really do try the drop in thermometer you may find it to be different than your temp display ........

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 08:19:02 pm »
my tub goes up to 107 now after I did a little research.  It will be nice on those really cold days so by the time I get in it, it will be perfect.  

I dont even know if I will ever use it that high, I find 103 almost killed me yesterday.  

It can be done just ask the guys that installed you, they will tell you

baneybigd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 12:15:07 pm »
gpt the jumper    thanks

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 08:29:05 am »
Make sure to get out before you close the cover.

;D ;D ;Dsounds like a darwin award in the making.....

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 02:29:20 pm »
Above 104??? Are you kidding me? Our tub doesn't go above 99 degrees right now, I have had it drift to 100 but man..that's to hot for me..I'm not sure how you can sit in 104 degree temps for any longer than 5 min! anyway my opinion.

BP

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 03:51:33 pm »
baneybigd,

You are not alone in your desire for higher temps (contrary to the many posts listed here).  One of my criteria for picking a tub was an ability to increase as I saw fit.  I  figured if I am spending thousands on a tub, I should be able to boil lobsters in it if I want.  I understand the UL wanting to keep us safe, but we have to admit that people have different "prefered temps".  Just read the different posts here and we can see prefered temps from 99-104+.  That is a 5 degree difference, and you are only suggesting the ability to add a degree or two.   I just like the things that I buy to not have limitations.  What if the thermometer doesn't work and locks you in at 104, but the 104 is really 94.  The ability to add a degree or two should be ours.  I say search out someone who will tell you how to rig the sundance...

nicker

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 04:06:13 pm »
104 is plenty hot!   I keep mine at 101 and that is plenty hot.  I couldn't imagine 107.     I think things would start to cook at that temp.   I think I'd pass out in 107.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 04:06:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42