What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Did You Know Part Deux...  (Read 3417 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Did You Know Part Deux...
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:27:17 pm »
Alright, after I left the Sundance booth, I went outside.

The first booth I saw was one with Hydropool and Nordic.  It was a small booth with about 4 spas in it.  The salesman looked just like this guy

I swear it was Steve Buscemi moonlighting.  (Wait a minute, Steve Buscemi.......Steve.......Hydropool?  Could it be?)

This guy was OK.  He told me that Hydropool was made in Canada so it was designed to hold up under the harshest conditions.  I liked the look of the double-wide lounge and told him so.  "Yeah, you could fit in there easy." (Gee, thanks! ;D)  He said that most people hadn't heard of Hydropool because they were Canadian.  Nordic was a great spa for "Someone who works out a lot, like you." (Fried Twinkies and Turkey Legs really keep me in tip top shape....round!)

The wind was whipping pretty good and some debris had blown into his empty spas.  While he was explaining the floor cleaning system, we were looking at a bunch of dirt in the bottom of the spa.  "Well, the floor cleaning system will only work when there's water in the spa." ;D ;D ;D  The way he said it cracked me UP!

I enjoyed talking to him and he didn't BS me or run down anyone else.  I hope he sells a lot of spas.

OK, here we go.  CALSPA!

Nice set-up, lots of shogi's and spa enclosures.  A great big guy with curly gray hair slides up to me and says "It's calling to you." (Never had that happen before)

"Blah blah blah....CalSpa is the only spa that...
1. Builds the shell the right way.  12 layers of handrolled fiberglass
2. Has a lifetime heater warranty
3. Has a lounge that won't make you float
4. Is UL listed.  Everyone else lost theirs
5. Lasts more than 15-20 years

More BS spewed out of this guy's mouth than anyone else I talked to.  He was a factory rep and he said they would sell and service the spa anywhere in the country.  It was hard to keep a straight face.  I got a call from my parents saying it was time to eat so I thanked him and took off.

On the way to meet my family, I swung by the Caldera booth.  Nice looking young guy swooped down on me.  How ya doin' blah blah!  I said "I understand HotSpring bought out Caldera."  "Yeah, HotSpring was having some tough times and needed a name brand to help their company.  Caldera uses the exact same pump, heater, controls, and jets as HotSpring, but they are designed for therapy while HotSpring are party tubs."

Me: "Huh, well they look nice.  I'm going to meet my family, but thanks for your time."

Went and chowed down on a Barb-B-Que sammich and a cold SHINER BOCK.  Took Savanna to the puppet show, looked at exhibits, saw the Elvis statue made from butter

rode some rides.  Rode the swan boats

got attacked by an octopus at the aquarium.

Mom, Dad, and Savanna went and watched the Bird Show while I went back to Spa Wonderland.

Home Depot had a spa booth.  Image Spas, everyone of them blue.  3 salespeople were sitting there when I headed that way.  All 3 were watching me and started getting up as I approached.  I quickly veered off and headed towards Morgan Spas.

As soon as I walked up, a young guy shouted "I haven't sold a spa all day so I'm going to make you a deal.  I'll give you 35% off if you buy one today."

Me: "35% off what?"

He pulls out his calculator, goes to punching buttons, and says "Off of our already low price of $7,000."

Me:  "Well, I don't think my boss would be too happy about that."

Him:  "Don't worry, she'll love you when you bring this baby home."

Me:  "Not her, my BOSS.  I'm a HotSpring dealer."

Him: "Oh.  I'll make you a good deal on a gazebo or portable building."

Me:  "I appreciate it but you're not going to be making money off of me and I know you're busy.  I just wanted to look.  I had to work the fair a few weeks ago and I know how it is.  Good luck."

He turned and walked away.

To be continued in Part 3.......
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Did You Know Part Deux...
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:27:17 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Did You Know Part Deux...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 12:36:51 pm »

I swear it was Steve Buscemi moonlighting.  (Wait a minute, Steve Buscemi.......Steve.......Hydropool?  Could it be?)

I've seen Steve from Hydropool. He wishes he looked as handsome as Buscemi!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 12:43:30 pm »
I heard Elvis had been working the carnival circuit.  ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 09:42:14 am »
I'm just glad they got Elvis' hip repaired!  He suffered a nasty injury right before!!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 03:06:40 pm »
I'm just glad they got Elvis' hip repaired!  He suffered a nasty injury right before!!  

He also had his hound dogs with him, Teddy and Bear!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 08:14:36 pm »
I've seen Steve from Hydropool. He wishes he looked as handsome as Buscemi!

Does anyone know what button on the keyboard equates to the middle finger? ???
;D

Steve

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 05:59:07 pm »
lets see...middle finger.... ,,/,, lmao
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 05:59:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42