What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Concrete installation  (Read 2669 times)

rfraboni

Concrete installation
« on: September 29, 2005, 08:36:50 pm »
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how long to let concrete cure before introducing a hot tub.  I have read that most concrete takes 28 days to reach the 4000 PSI strength, but does it need to wait this long?

Any advice would be welcome, trying to plan out the patio for the tub, too bad it won't fit on the 512 sqft screened porch easily, or not take up too much of the porch.  The porch design does not lend itself to the installation of the spa, it is two 16x16 rooms offset by 8 feet between room.

Hot Tub Forum

Concrete installation
« on: September 29, 2005, 08:36:50 pm »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: Concrete installation
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 09:05:29 pm »
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how long to let concrete cure before introducing a hot tub.  I have read that most concrete takes 28 days to reach the 4000 PSI strength, but does it need to wait this long?

Any advice would be welcome, trying to plan out the patio for the tub, too bad it won't fit on the 512 sqft screened porch easily, or not take up too much of the porch.  The porch design does not lend itself to the installation of the spa, it is two 16x16 rooms offset by 8 feet between room.

I have been told a week to be safe.  Minimum 4 inches.  You can drive/park a car on a 4" concrete driveway sooner than that and a car exerts much higher lbs per sq inch pressure than a spa.

Debra

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:36:11 pm »
My husband is desperately working at pouring concrete this afternoon because we just heard that our tub is coming next Tuesday.  Do you think that we'll be OK?  They are calling for a warm weekend, for Ontario.

c00ter

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 01:10:47 pm »
When we had ours poured, I was told that concrete would cure to 90% in 7 days and fully cure in 21 to 28 days.   They also said there's no problem putting a spa on in it in 7 days.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 01:10:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42