What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance vs Arctic  (Read 8195 times)

SS spas

• style of life...
Sundance vs Arctic
« on: September 21, 2005, 04:13:00 pm »
Who here can tell me the difference between sundance and arctic? Which one is the best.....and why.... 8)

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance vs Arctic
« on: September 21, 2005, 04:13:00 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Sundance vs Arctic
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 04:21:20 pm »
There are MANY differences between those two spas but both have satisfied customers here. I'd suggest you shop each and wet test. That way, when people give you their plusses and minuses on each you'll have a reference to compare your thoughts.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

SS spas

• style of life...
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 04:23:54 pm »
Is it true that sundance clamps all of there jet fittings and has a new 2005 microfiltration filter that filters down to 5 microns and dosent have to be replaced but like once a year?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 04:34:16 pm by B2cul4u »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 06:30:46 pm »
Yes there is a difference between Sundance and Arctic.  Two different types of insulation.  Arctic does a "Heat Lock" where Sundance does full foam.  Arctic has access panels on 4 sides to upgrade (add more jets) and fix the spa after it's installed in your home (most importantly after your warranty is up).  But you still need to wet test the spa.  What is best for one customer isn’t the best for another.  

I own 4 Arctic Spas stores in various states.  We can fill any spa in the store for you to test, as we feel that an Arctic will give you the best therapy of any spa.  Arctic has been producing its own jets that are berringless, which improves the pressure per jet.  

If you have any further questions about Arctic Spas please ask!

Again WET TEST!!!

Michael
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 07:06:33 pm »
Please be careful SS on the sales pitch of adding more jets. Most quality spas are designed to offer specific jet pressure based on numbers of jets and HP. Once additional jets are added, you are left with either a weak therapeutic result or the cost of buying a new pump(s) to compensate.

As for Arctic offering you "the best therapy of any spa ::) ", again, please be careful of salespeople overselling their product. Actually, HotSprings is the best...no wait...that was last week....D1 is actually...no wait...Hydropool!

We're all the BEST SS! Don't you just HATE that word? :-/

Steve

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 07:10:25 pm »
We're all the BEST SS! Don't you just HATE that word? :-/

Steve

Absolutely.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 07:45:02 pm »
Depending on what you like, Arctic could be the best.  It was for us.  They are both excellent brands IMHO.  I tested both.  Sundance Maxxus, Optima, Bahia.  Arctic Tundra and Frontier.  We selected the Tundra.  

In my opinion Arctic uses the best feeling jets and that is truly what sold me.  Their sculpted seats were extremely comfortable for us.  The arm rests give you something to do with your arms and helps control float in the deeper seats.  In general Arctic uses more jets that rotate than any other mfr that I found and the majority are 3" or 5" jets which are just more comfortable feeling.  Their signature seat that appears in several models looks like an upside down triangle.  No other mfr has a design like that with those large rotating jets up high.  They really work the muscles of the traps/shoulders/neck, not just penetrate/needle it.  It feels great and really helped sell us on the tub.

At this level tub, it's not about insulation, adding jets etc.  It's about finding the combination of what fits and feels best.  For us it was Arctic.  You really need to wet test and focus on general comfort and jet feel.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 08:19:37 pm »
Most definitely the Marquis.....Therapy....Build Quality .....You made the wise choice ....uhhh what was the question again..... ;).......No really both are good spas, Owners and Dealers of both will naturally be partial to theirs .....Once in the back yard....You will most likely enjoy them the same ....Wet test if you can and let that and your relationship with the dealer be your guide.....

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 08:36:55 pm »
if i were choosing all over again, I would be back down to my final choices.  I tested jacuzzi, calspa, canspa, LA spas, sundance, hydro pool, arctic and a tiger river spa.  

I loved every tub, im not going to lie to you, hot water and jets feel good no matter what you sit in.  I found after wet testing though, that certain tubs fit me better.  

I actually put a deposit on an optima, I absolutely loved it.  The owner was a different story though.  I also put a price lock on an arctic sumit which I felt was amazing.  

A month later the new MAXXUS tub came out.  I loved it and actually began searching for best price.  I got one, but the local dealer somehow found out, and called the store and threatened to go to sundance and tell that he was undercutting the local store.  I guess this was a no no and I couldnt get the deal.  The local guy now held the cards and I really didnt like his sales tactics and the way that he screwed me out of a good deal.

The arctic was the first tub that I ever look at and really did not know that much about hot tubs.  I always liked it.  So I went back in sat in a tundra and the rest is history.  

What are the differences, well honestly name brand, and different built, with one being heat lock and one full foam.

I said it once and ill say it again, when you are spending 10,000 on a tub, and you are sticking with a good brand name you are really arguing minor issues.  

Find the tub  that fits you best when you wet test, do some homework, here is a great place to start and get a feel for your local dealer.  In the end, these factors will guide you to the right tub.

I agree with the last comment made, dealers and owners are partial to the brand that they have.  So many will tell you what is best.  Hell, I will argue that my tub is the best tub FOR ME.  I think it is well designed and great quality.

Sundance has been around forever though.  They make a sound product and it looks great and feels great.  Dont fall victim to the great arcitc debate.  Bottom line, arctic is a great product, one in which I feel can compete on the market with top brand tubs.  Just dont fall into the belief that it is a superior product and most efficent.  All these tubs that you are going to be looking at are all efficient and run and feel great.

Good luck, keep us posted.  I am interested to see which tub you find most comfortable.  Dont let price steer you away from the one that you like best.  What is expensive right now can be paid off over time.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 08:40:18 pm »
Depending on what you like, Arctic could be the best.  It was for us.

Again, every manufacturer has at least one customer who loves the jets and therapy they offer. Gee...I guess that makes ALL of us the best! Where have I heard THAT B4? ;)

Steve

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 09:53:23 pm »
I love my Hydropool 625 Anniversary Edition 6 person tub. And i haven't even sat in it wet yet. I did in the Serenity 6800 is it? - and the jets were amazing. That convinced me enough to upgrade several models on spec.

Arctic design is too sculpted and constricting for my tastes - when i have friends over and want to brush against that beautiful blonde in the itty bitty I don't want to do it thru a microban armrest. But then when her husband whacks me maybe I'd want it there! All about choice!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 09:56:12 pm »
Would SOMEBODY (Except JA, who coined the phrase) please defing the term "Best Therapy"?
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 10:31:17 pm »
Would SOMEBODY (Except JA, who coined the phrase) please defing the term "Best Therapy"?

How's this....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 11:26:41 pm »
Now STUART knows therapy right buddy! ;D He's had years of it! ;)

Steve

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 11:46:52 pm »

Arctic design is too sculpted and constricting for my tastes - when i have friends over and want to brush against that beautiful blonde in the itty bitty I don't want to do it thru a microban armrest. But then when her husband whacks me maybe I'd want it there! All about choice!

Nothing against what you said ;), but we are purchasing our tub for us, not for or to impress or brush against our friends.   Not everyone may care for the sculpted seating, but I would recommend evaluating why you are investing in a spa and satisfy the results of that evalutaion first.  If you want a party tub, then a tub with 4 sculpted corner chairs may not be for you, or you just may not like the feel.  Since probably >95% of our use will just be us,  I'm was looking for comfort and therapy to satisfy that use first.  Arctic was it.  Arctic does make less "restrictive" designs.  We just happened to prefer the design/seats in the Tundra.  Two deeper for me and two more shallow for her.  Although because of the armrests, she can use all seats.  That was something she could not do in other tubs - use all the seats.

Again it comes down to personal opinion.  But regardless of what people think, none of the major mfrs I examined had the 4 corner captains chair layout of the Tundra.  Darn - I forgot to check JA. ;D  The Sundance Optima offers semi sculpted 4 corner seating, but nowhere near as comfortable in my opinion since it lacks any semblance of an armrest and not available with therapy levels in each of those positions with which you can equip an Arctic.  If we have another couple over, no one has to wait for "the good seat".

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 11:46:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42