What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Niagara/Hot Spring purchasing help needed  (Read 3698 times)

jrl3741

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Caldera Niagara/Hot Spring purchasing help needed
« on: September 21, 2005, 01:41:01 pm »
Hi,

I live in St. Louis and really like the Caldera Niagara.  Watson's will sell it for $8700 cash or $9100 with 16 months free financing.  For the heck of it, I had my brother-in-law stop in a Caldera dealer 3 hours away and their's is $8400 with free financing.  When I told them I wanted to buy it and pick it up myself, they informed me they cannot sell it to me because I reside in St. Louis.  I also did the same pricing with the Hot prings Grandee.  STL price is $9100 2 hours away $8695 plus they will take off another $350 if I pick up and set-up.  The HS dealer said they can sell wherever and it will be serviced accordingly.  Can anyone give me advice on how to buy the Niagara at a lower price or If I can drive to INDY and buy direct?

All of the posts that I have here seem regarding price fall in the 7K range, so 9K seems high.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 01:46:40 pm by jrl3741 »

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Niagara/Hot Spring purchasing help needed
« on: September 21, 2005, 01:41:01 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Caldera Niagara/Hot Spring purchasing help nee
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 01:50:03 pm »
You are free to buy wherever you want, but don't expect the dealer you didn't buy from to service your spa.  The dealer you are buying from should service you.

You could tell the local dealer the price you have been offered and give him the opportunity to match it.  That would probably be your best option.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mountain_Man

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 03:55:52 pm »
Glad you choose the same spa I selected three weeks ago. I paid $7,800 with delivery & set up, a hydraulic lift system for the cover, a three piece redwood chest, and two planters, chem startup kit, booster seat and a 5 foot red wood step. I had to shop long and hard for this price but the wait was well worth it. As for the Hot Springs, I found the Grandee equal to in value but not a good fit for our nrrds. However, your prive was better than my $9,800 with only a lift kit.  

Good Luck.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 04:09:05 pm »
You should verify the HS price includes everything you realistically need.  Cover Lifter, steps, starter chems, etc.  That seems like a pretty low price from Baker for that model unless they're have some special "sale".  Also verify it's the new Grandee model.  If you like the Motomassage, you'll probably want the two DX units.  I think that's all they will have in as they only had one of the old models left when I was in there several weeks ago.  Did you inquire about the no payment/finance charges until 2007 or is Baker not participating in that?

jrl3741

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 04:51:13 pm »
Glad you choose the same spa I selected three weeks ago. I paid $7,800 with delivery & set up, a hydraulic lift system for the cover, a three piece redwood chest, and two planters, chem startup kit, booster seat and a 5 foot red wood step. I had to shop long and hard for this price but the wait was well worth it. As for the Hot Springs, I found the Grandee equal to in value but not a good fit for our nrrds. However, your prive was better than my $9,800 with only a lift kit.

Good Luck.

Where are you located?  I live in St. Louis and the tubs  get delivered fro Vista California.  Watsons best and final price was $8500 with 12 months same as cash.  How long did it take you to get that price?  I still think that $8500 is too much.  I can get a brand new (not demo) 2004 Marquis SAEuphoria for $6800 cash Who was the dealer?

Thanks

jrl3741

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 04:54:58 pm »
You should verify the HS price includes everything you realistically need.  Cover Lifter, steps, starter chems, etc.  That seems like a pretty low price from Baker for that model unless they're have some special "sale".  Also verify it's the new Grandee model.  If you like the Motomassage, you'll probably want the two DX units.  I think that's all they will have in as they only had one of the old models left when I was in there several weeks ago.  Did you inquire about the no payment/finance charges until 2007 or is Baker not participating in that?

It is the newer model w/the 2 moto maasagers.  Baker wanted $9100 so I called Vaughan Poools at the Lake of the Ozarks and they offered $8395 and I would have to p/up, deliver and set-up.  

Who do you think has the best prices/service in STL?

Thanks

jrl3741

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 05:00:15 pm »
You are free to buy wherever you want, but don't expect the dealer you didn't buy from to service your spa.  The dealer you are buying from should service you.

You could tell the local dealer the price you have been offered and give him the opportunity to match it.  That would probably be your best option.

Terminator

Will do, thanks!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 05:05:56 pm »
Hi,

I live in St. Louis and really like the Caldera Niagara.  Watson's will sell it for $8700 cash or $9100 with 16 months free financing.    

Perhaps I am just a bit slow but "free financing" seems to cost 400.00 bucks to me ....a damm cleaver dealer if they can get you to pay  $400.00 and tell you its free ....wish I could ..... ;)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 05:07:32 pm »

It is the newer model w/the 2 moto maasagers.  Baker wanted $9100 so I called Vaughan Poools at the Lake of the Ozarks and they offered $8395 and I would have to p/up, deliver and set-up.  

Thanks

Delivery and set up certainly has a value to it ....I do not think the savings is enough to off set the hassle ...

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 05:37:14 pm »

Thanks

That's tough regarding the price because there is only one dealer per brand in the area.  St. Louis just may not be the most competitive market.  I checked the BBB on all the major dealers and none stood out with significant problems.  You are looking at big, top of the line tubs from HS and Caldera.  

If you want alternatives that aren't at $9000 but are around that size, you can check the D1 Nautilus at R&S near Westport which could come in at $8000 or the Jacuzzi 385 which will probably come in around the low $8K's including Tax.  You can also check out Arctic's Signature series at Arctic spas of St. Louis (in Fenton.)  It's probably going to be in your Caldera/HS $ range also.  I did not care for the Sundance dealer in Kirkwood.  I'll probably get flamed for suggesting other names, but it seems like you are in a price quandry, but still want a larger spa.  Did you get your bid for the Marquis from Highland over in IL?  If you're willing to be around $9K, they were quoting the Epic at that price and it too receives positive feedback here.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 05:37:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42